Explore the area which once was a place of murder, fear and total darkness. Darkness filled hearts and souls of East End Victorians. But the notorious history of the East End is dominated by only one name : Jack the Ripper.
Who was Jack the Ripper? Why was he never caught?
• Hear stories about Victorian Sex trade
• See where prostitutes were murdered by Jack the Ripper
• Explore the dark side of East End
• Create your own murder theory
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aldwych Tube Station, Surrey Street, London England
Start from the Aldgate Station, where your Guide will tell you about slum houses and living conditions in London at the end of 19th Century. Walk towards the place where East End experienced the blossom of the Victorian Sex trade
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Spitalfields, London, UK
Continue towards the murder site of ‘Mary Ann Nicols’, Jack’s victim. Afterwards walk through the dark streets before you arrive to the murder site of Catherine Eddows. Following the murder of Catherine, it was noticed that a piece of her blood-stained dress was missing. Discover where the missing material was found. Pass through the historical pub ‘The 10 Bells’, where victims not only had their drinks, but worked as well. As you hear more horrific stories, finish your tour by the Christ Church Spitafields, which would have been a common site for both Jack the Ripper and his victims.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: 30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin), 30 St. Mary Axe, London EC3A 8EP England
See amusing skyscraper
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Professional guide
London, London, England
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pigeon Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.