During this full day tour, led by a qualified Blue Badge Guide, you will discover all the main highlights of London, as well as going into Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London, two of the city's most famous landmarks.
Besides seeing some of London's best known attractions from outside, such as the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, St. Paul's Cathedral and many more iconic streets, palaces and squares, you will will also see the fascinating Changing of the Guards ceremony. This tour is aimed at families with children, and your guide will make sure that everyone is entertained and engaged during the itinerary, sharing with you incredible facts and stories about the history of London.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Westminster, Westminster, London, England
You will meet your Blue Badge guide in Westminster, and from there you will start your walking tour to discover the history, culture and legends of one of Europe’s most famous cities.
This area hosts some of the most iconic attractions in London, and your guide will introduce your kids to some of the most important landmarks in this part of the city.
Pass By: Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London SW1A 0AA England
From the outside you will see The Houses of Parliament, also known as the Palace of Westminster. It is the seat of the two parliamentary houses of the United Kingdom: the House of Lords and the House of Commons.
The Palace of Westminster has been a Grade I listed building since 1970 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987.
Pass By: Big Ben, Parliament Sqaure Elizabeth Tower - Houses of Parliament, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA England
Big Ben is the nickname of the Great Bell of the clock tower (Elizabeth Tower) at the north end of the Palace of Westminster, though the name has also become synonymous with the tower itself. A light at the top of the tower is illuminated when Parliament is sitting at night.
Pass By: Whitehall, Government London, London SW1A 2BX England
You will take a stroll along Whitehall, a famous London street which houses some of the main government offices. From the outside you will see the area’s principal attractions, such as the Cenotaph war memorial, the Horse Guards Parade, Great Scotland Yard (the former home of the Metropolitan Police), and the Banqueting House (1619–22).
Stop At: Changing of the Guard, Constitution Hill Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1AA England
After a walk along The Mall, the road that now sees many ceremonial royal processions, or a picturesque stroll through St James’s Park, you will reach Buckingham Palace, the official residence where the British monarch lives and works. Here your guide will ensure you can witness the traditional and evocative Changing of the Guards ceremony (if scheduled and weather permitting) from a position where you and your family can enjoy an excellent view.
While you watch the ceremony, your guide will explain to you the importance of some the ceremony's finer details, such as the colours worn by the guards as well as the armour they wear.
The Changing the Guard takes place every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, from August to April, and every day during the summer. However, the ceremony will be cancelled in the event of rain or adverse weather conditions, because, among other things, the rain could damage the guards' brass instruments). If this should happen, your guide will still be able to point out to you the guards protecting Buckingham Palace and in any case you will be able to witness the Horse Guard Parade.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
You will then visit Westminster Abbey, one of the most famous religious buildings in the world, and one which has played an important role in British political, social and cultural affairs for more than 1,000 years.
This beautiful Gothic church is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, popular with many visitors to London. You will be fascinated by the paintings, stained glass windows and other religious artifacts present in this outstanding cathedral.
Visiting a church with children might sound challenging, but your kid-friendly expert guide will know how to keep your children focused and interested during the itinerary, ensuring this experience will be both educational and fun for all of you!
After visiting Westminster Abbey, it will be time to eat, and your guide will certainly recommend to you a restaurant or local pub where you can relax and enjoy a nice lunch before continuing with the rest of the tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Trafalgar Square, Centre of the City, London SW1A England
The walking tour will continue towards Trafalgar Square. This famous square is a public space and tourist attraction in central London which commemorates the British victory, led by Admiral Lord Nelson, at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
The centerpiece of Trafalgar Square is Nelson’s Column, guarded by four huge bronze lions sculpted by Sir Edwin Landseer in 1868.
Stop At: Tower of London, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB England
Here in one of London's most popular attractions, you and your children will be enthralled by the fascinating tales and intriguing legends that your expert, kid-friendly guide will recount to you. One such legend has it that if the Tower's famous residents, the ravens, should ever leave, the Kingdom of England will fall. History will be brought to life as your guide shows you the places behind these stories, including many of the most important places in the castle, like the White Tower, the Medieval Tower, the Royal Mint, Tower Green, the Royal Menagerie, and the Bloody Tower.
One of the highlights of your visit is sure to be the Crown Jewels. A central part of the Royal Collection, they are the most powerful symbols of the British Monarchy and hold deep religious and cultural significance in the history of the United Kingdom.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour is suitable for children aged 5 and above. Younger kids and toddlers are welcome, but the tour may not be appropriate for their age.
- Since you will use public transport please make sure you have your Oyster card or travel card with you.
- The Changing the Guard takes place every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from August to April, but it doesn't take place in the rain or in a very bad weather (the guards cancel ceremony if it rains, because the rain could damage their brass instruments) . If its canceled rest assured that the guide will still be able to point out the Guards guarding Buckingham Palace and you will see the Horse Guard Parade.
- Parts of the Tower are not pushchair friendly due to the cobbled ground. Buggy parks are located in few areas.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, and no wheelchairs are allowed on the tour
- There are a large number of steps throughout the Tower of London with cobbles laid in some of the surfaces and pathways. There are some low doorways.
- Please note that for security reasons bag searches will take place at Westminster Abbey and at the Tower of London
- During the winter can get really cold, so please wear warm clothing
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Private Guide
- Blue Badge Guide
- Kid-Friendly Guide
- Admission tickets to Westminster Abbey
- Admission tickets to the Tower of London
- Entry/Admission - Westminster Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Tower of London
- Food and Drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Public transport tickets/Oyster cards/travel cards
Westminster Abbey Shop, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London SW1P 3JS, UK
Tower of London, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pinocchio Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.