Gain a unique insight into the world of Outlander and experience a superb distillery and whisky tasting.
Our Outlander castles, whisky and lochs tours feature a visit to two Outlander castles – Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser's ancestral home , and Doune Castle ( Castle Leoch ) - plus a tour of Deanston distillery , producer of Highland single malt whisky . At each Outlander location your guide gives you the history of the castle and details of the episodes filmed there . Lallybroch is over 500 years old . Doune Castle has 4 claims to move fame, featuring in Outlander , Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Outlaw King and Mary Queen of Scots .
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Midhope Castle, Near Abercorn, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH52 6QZ Scotland
Outlander scenes were shot at Midhope Castle near the Hopetoun Estate near South Queensferry.
Midhope was built in the 15th Century and was built by John Martyne, laird of Medhope. It was rebuilt in the mid 1600s and remains much the same today.
Visitors are asked to admire Midhope from a distance as the interior remains largely derelict.
Midhope Castle is the external location for fictional Lallybroch, the family home of character Jamie Fraser , and it is located on the Hopetoun Estate . Midhope Castle dates back to the 15th Century and although the exterior is relatively intact the castle is derelict inside. For Midhope Castle tours booking enquiries and availability check contact us online
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Deanston Distillery & Visitor Centre, Deanston Distillery Near Doune, Stirling FK16 6AG Scotland
Each tour warmly welcomes you into the heart of the distillery, where Deanston makes award-winning Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Here you will see a traditional open top mash tun, gleaming copper stills and a must-see vaulted maturation Warehouse 2B. Join the experienced tour guides on a journey through time, taking you back to the past as a cotton mill and through the evolution of Deanston. The Standard Tour finishes off with a tasting of Deanston 12 year old whisky .
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
Stirling Castle is one of Scotland’s most impressive castles due to its imposing position and impressive architecture.
From Stirling Castle’s ramparts, visitors can take in views of the Forth Valley and Ben Lomond , as well as one of Scotland’s most important battle sites - Bannockburn (1314).
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Every vehicle is thoroughly cleaned inside and out before each tour
- Private transportation
- in car phone charging
- Entry/Admission - Midhope Castle
- entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Deanston Distillery & Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
Traveler pickup is offered
free pickup from your Edinburgh hotel, Airbnb or port
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Private tours Edinburgh in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.