Get a fascinating glimpse into the world of Outlander and visit Lallybroch , ancestral home of Jamie Fraser, on our half day film location tour .
Private Tours Edinburgh offer private group tours taking up to four people to Lallybroch, a principal Outlander filming location.
On this Outlander tour we visit Lallybroch , ancestral home of Jamie Fraser . Real life Midhope Castle was built in the 15th Century and was built by John Martyne, laird of Medhope. It was rebuilt in the mid 1600s and remains much the same today.
Two additional locations can be added to the tour ( not included in tour price )
Linlithgow Palace provides the setting for Wentworth Prison in Outlander.
Blackness Castle goes back to 1440 . The castle provides the setting for Fort William, as the original fort no longer exists.
Souvenir t-shirts , phone cases and photos available to purchase
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Midhope Castle, Near Abercorn, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH52 6QZ Scotland
Our starts with a visit to Lallybroch ( Midhope Castle ) , Jamie Fraser's ancestral home . Scenes were shot at Midhope Castle near South Queensferry.
Midhope was built in the 15th Century and was built by John Martyne, laird of Medhope. It was rebuilt in the mid 1600s and has been uninhabited for over 100 years .
Souvenir t-shirts , phone cases and photos available to purchase.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH Scotland
Blackness Castle is Fort William in Outlander . There are a number of dramatic scenes in the castle , including the episode when Jamie gets flogged by Black Jack Randall
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Linlithgow EH49, UK
Linlithgow Palace is Wentworth Prison in Outlander . This is where Black Jack Randall locks up Jamie . Claire tries to help him escape but nearly gets caught. Entrance Tickets are not included
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- every vehicle is thoroughly cleaned inside and out before each tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Souvenir t-shirts , phone cases and photos (available to purchase on our website)
- lunch and refreshments
- entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Midhope Castle
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
Traveler pickup is offered
Edinburgh hotels and Airbnb
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- South Queensferry Harbour, Gote Ln, Queensferry, South Queensferry EH30 9PS, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Private tours Edinburgh in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.