Our private group visits key locations in the life of William Wallace – Braveheart – Stirling Castle , Bannockburn and the Wallace Monument. On this tour you will get a unique insight into the life of Braveheart .
Take in the Braveheart tour from Edinburgh of two historic monuments and Bannockburn
William Wallace – Braveheart - defeated the English at the battle of Stirling Bridge in the Wars of Independence . Robert the Bruce ensured victory by defeating the English at the Battle of Bannockburn .
The National Wallace Monument is a unique tribute to Scotland's Braveheart William Wallace .An unmissable feature on the first floor is the Wallace Sword, a powerful symbol of his courage and skill. The sword is 1.68m long . Wallace’s sword was brought to the Monument in 1888 from its historic resting place in Dumbarton Castle.
During the Wars of Independence with England (1296–1356), Stirling Castle changed hands frequently.
Wallace’s greatest victory was at Stirling Bridge (1297)
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
Stirling Castle is one of Scotland’s most impressive castles due to its imposing position and impressive architecture.
From Stirling Castle , visitors can take in views of the Forth Valley and two of Scotland’s most important battle sites – Stirling Bridge (1297) and Bannockburn (1314). Throughout the Wars of Independence with England (1296–1356), Stirling was hotly fought over and changed hands frequently.
Stirling Castle is not only one of Scotland’s grandest and most imposing castles, it was also a real favourite with Scotland’s Stewart kings and queens. James IV created the Great Hall, the largest medieval banqueting hall ever built in Scotland, and James V’s Royal Palace, with its lavishly decorated Renaissance façades, was a masterpiece of the period. Mary Queen of Scots lived in the castle as a child .
The refurbishment of the Great Hall was completed ten years ago . A unique feature is stained glass windows featuring clan crests .
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bannockburn, Bannockburn, Stirling, Scotland
Bannockburn is the scene of one of the greatest battles in the Wars of Independence. Robert the Bruce defeated a much larger English army and took a decisive step towards victory in the Wars of Independence . Robert the Bruce completed the mission that William Wallace had started - to achieve the independence of Scotland
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Wallace Monument, Hillfoots Road Abbey Craig, Stirling FK9 5LF Scotland
The Wallace Monument is Scotland’s national monument to the memory of William Wallace . The monument is a tower with panoramic views of Stirling and the Forth Valley . The top of the tower can be reached by a spiral staircase
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Private Tours Edinburgh are part of World Travel & Tourism Council’s Safe Travels scheme . The ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard and supporting mark means we follow government & public health guidance, and have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment to set up the best processes and protocols
- Private transportation
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- Entry/Admission - National Wallace Monument
- Braveheart Gifts & souvenirs
Traveler pickup is offered
Free pickup from your hotel, Airbnb, or accommodation in Edinburgh.
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- Newhaven Harbour, Pier Pl, Newhaven, Edinburgh EH6 4LP, UK
5 to 6 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Private tours Edinburgh in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.