Enjoy the very best afternoon tea that Edinburgh has to offer. Indulge in a selection of sandwiches, cakes, savouries and warm home baked scones with Traditional preserves and fresh whipped cream. The Tour explores all the main attractions in Edinburgh, including the historic Edinburgh Castle, Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Old Town to name a few. Duration of tour is between 70 – 90 minutes. We are licensed so additional drinks can be purchased from our onboard bar.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Scott Monument, E. Princes St Gardens, Edinburgh EH2 2EJ Scotland
The Scott Monument is a Victorian Gothic monument to Scottish author Sir Walter Scott
Pass By: Edinburgh Castle, Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NG Scotland
Edinburgh Castle is a historic fortress which dominates the skyline of Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland.
Pass By: The Meadows, Old Town, Edinburgh Scotland
The Meadows is a large public park in Edinburgh, Scotland, to the south of the city centre.
Pass By: Greyfriars Bobby, Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh EH1 2QE Scotland
Greyfriars Bobby was a Skye Terrier who became known in 19th-century Edinburgh for spending 14 years guarding the grave of his owner until he died himself on 14 January 1872. The story continues to be well known in Scotland, through several books and films.
Pass By: 21 Grassmarket Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 2HS Scotland
Nestled in the heart of Edinburgh's historic Old Town, behind Edinburgh Castle, the Grassmarket area is one of the most vibrant, picturesque and lively areas of the city.
Pass By: Arthur's Seat, Queen's Drive Holyrood Park, Edinburgh EH8 8HG Scotland
Arthur's Seat is an extinct volcano which is the main peak of the group of hills in Edinburgh, Scotland, which form most of Holyrood Park, described by Robert Louis Stevenson as "a hill for magnitude, a mountain in virtue of its bold design"
Pass By: Palace of Holyroodhouse, Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8DX Scotland
The Palace of Holyroodhouse, commonly referred to as Holyrood Palace, is the official residence of the British monarch in Scotland, Queen Elizabeth II.
Pass By: The Scottish Parliament, Horse Wynd / Canongate, Royal MIle, Edinburgh EH99 1SP Scotland
The Scottish Parliament is the unicameral legislature of Scotland.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We do not offer live or recorded guide commentary on our buses. We are a dining Experience whilst touring Edinburgh or Glasgow.
- Red Bus Bistro Bookings are only valid for the date and time stated.
- Patrons should expect to share a table especially on our busier weekend tours. If patrons would rather not share a table we can try and accommodate them on a quieter tour.
- Patrons are requested to arrive 5 – 10 minutes before departure at Stance ZF, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh. Unfortunately we cannot wait for late comers as we only have a limited time on stand. Refunds will not be offered to latecomers.
- We offer gluten free or vegetarian options. Our Products may contain nuts. Please specify requirements upon reservation.
- No tickets are issued for the tour.
- Your Surname is passed to the Bus Manager prior to your tour, this will be requested upon arrival at the bus, you can print this email out purely for your own information.
- Please be prepared to redeem any Gift Voucher you may have used for payment to the bus on the day of the tour.
- If you have booked using an Itison voucher, we may ask to see your voucher on your phone.
- The tour is not suitable for 6 year Old’s and under
- Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- No refunds will be given less than the 4 weeks prior to the date of booking.
- For groups of 12 and above we require 50% of the total bill as down payment which is non-refundable, the balance is then due 3 weeks before the tour date.
- There may be occasions where the tour has to be cancelled without advance notice, in the event of a cancellation patrons will be refunded in full or transferred onto another tour date.
- If the tour is cancelled after the first half an hours commencement, we will then offer availability on another tour.
- Smoking is not permitted on the Bus at any time.
- Red Bus Bistro does not take any responsibility for the loss, damage or theft of personal belongings while on the Bus.
- Conditions of carriage are subject to legislation set out by the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981; all details can be given by the Red Bus Bistro head office.
- We would like to point out that we operate Vintage Routemaster Buses, and although we keep our vehicles in the best possible maintenance condition there will be times that unforeseen maintenance issues may arise and result in a disruption to the tours, or cancellation; however we will endeavour to do everything in our power to avoid any disruption.
- Red Bus Bistro Company reserves the right to refuse carriage of patrons who are intoxicated, or displaying threatening or abusive behaviour, no refunds will be given under these circumstances. We also ask that a reasonable standard of behaviour is adhered to while on the tour, as there are other passengers to consider.
- Red Bus Bistro is not responsible for any damage caused by breaking the rules.
- RED BUS BISTRO COMPANY LIMITED ACCESS POLICIES
- It is not the policy of Red Bus Bistro Company Ltd to discriminate in any way against employees or passengers regarding disability, gender, race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
- Red Bus Bistro’s Bus was registered in 1966; it consists of Drivers Cab, upper deck, lower deck, and will always have at least 4 staff on board. The bus seats 12 downstairs and 28 upstairs; unfortunately due to the age and design of the Bus we cannot accommodate wheelchair passengers. Red Bus Bistro can reserve seating in advance for the lower deck for those with mobility concerns. As per above, patrons should otherwise be prepared to share a table, where the patrons would rather be seated alone we can try and accommodate them on a quieter tour however not guaranteed,
- There is no toilet on board.
- The tour will last between 70-90 minutes dependant on conditions, in which time our patrons will be served with an Afternoon Tea or Gin Tour. For private hire all requests are considered.
- Red Bus Bistro Company Limited will go out of its way to cater for as diverse and audience as possible within the physical confines of the bus, and will follow the DDA Legislation guidelines at all times.
- All information gained from Patrons will never be given to any third parties; Red Bus Bistro Company Limited is responsible for all online transactions.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Handmade Sandwich selections
- Home baked warm scone with cream, jam and strawberry garnish
- Selection of Petit Fours
- Sumptuous cupcakes
- Complimentary Soft Drink
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir drinks cup
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Red Bus Bistro Company Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.