This tour captures some of the most beautiful parts of the United Kingdom in just one day. Oxford is the 7th most visited city in the UK attracting more than 7 million people every year. The tour contrasts the hustle and bustle of a major city with the charm and rural beauty of the Cotswolds - all in one day!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bibury, Cirencester GL7, UK
Bibery is often referred to as the most beautiful village in England and the jewel in the crown of the Cotswolds. Arlington Row is a nationally notable architectural conservation area and is depicted on the inside cover of all British passports. Set on the banks of the river Coln, a tributary of the river Thames, Bibery is more famously known these days for the film Bridget Jones' Diary where many of the scenes were shot.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Bourton-on-the-Water, Bourton-on-the-Water, Cotswolds, England
Just a 15-minute drive from Bibery lies the picturesque village of Bourton-on-the-Water also known as the Venice of the Cotswolds. Set on the banks of the river Windrush it is famous for its low arched stone bridges and traditional stone houses. The village often has more visitors than residents during the peak tourist season some 300,000 visitors arrive each year as compared to under 3,500 permanent residents.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Stow-on-the-Wold, Stow-on-the-Wold, Cotswolds, England
Stow-on-the-Wold is said to have originated from an iron age fort. Stone Age and Bronze Age burial mounds are common throughout the area. On 21 March 1646 the last battle in the first phase of the English Civil War took place here where the Royalists finally surrendered in the market square and the roads were said to run like rivers of blood. Today the Market Square is a much quieter place where you can take in the panoramic views and visit the old curiosity shops.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Oxford, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
The ancient City of Oxford is probably the most famous seat of learning in the world. The architecture of its 38 colleges in the city’s medieval center led poet Matthew Arnold to nickname it the 'City of Dreaming Spires'. Because of its outstanding beauty several films and TV series have been shot here, including 'The Italian Job' starring Sir Michael Caine, and 'Harry Potter' to mention just a couple. The world famous Inspector Morse series was filmed all around this amazing City. From the drop off point outside the Ashmolean Museum you are within a short walk of all the main attractions like The Bodleian Library, The Church of St Mary the Virgin, the Bridge of Sighs, Oxford Castle & Prison and many many more.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Air-conditioned vehicle
Natural History Museum, Cromwell Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 5BD, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Royal Standard Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.