Starting on Boxing Day a great opportunity to get out and about on a unique history walk around Windsor. The walk is around ninety minutes duration and around 1 mile in length. The walk will include Windsor's local history, how the Victorian's spent their Christmas, the story of the Christmas tree and much more. We will visit the picturesque and stunning Long Walk. So much to see in this town of Windsor.
You also have a unique opportunity to be accompanied by an Ex Royal Guard. He presents history from a different perspective having experienced many of the royal ceremonies and events surrounding the Royal Family and the Brigade of Guards. He has a unique position of access and association with not only Windsor but the military. He will be your host through the walk. Your are sure to be entertained and informed.
Please bring a brolly for inclement weather and wrap up well.
Afterwards we will visit a local coffee shop and have a hot drink.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Windsor Guildhall, Guildhall High Street, Windsor SL4 1LR England
We will stop and talk about local surroundings as we walk through Windsor. We find out about the construction of this great Windsor Building by Sir Christopher Wren.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
We are on the outside of Windsor Castle and looking at the King Henry VIII Gate. Here we will find out how previous monarchs have spent their Christmas. We will also visit areas of Windsor's general history and also the Long Walk. Plus much more.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Walk conducted in the English language alone
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea - Afterwards we will visit a local coffee shop for a hot drink.
- This walk does not include access to Windsor Castle.
- This walk does not include access to Windsor Guildhall.
- Entry/Admission - Windsor Guildhall
- Entry/Admission - Windsor Castle
1 Thames St, Windsor SL4 1PL, UK
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Royal Windsor Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.