Join us for a walking tour like no other, celebrating the history of the diverse and vibrant Stratford Road.
The Stratford Road, once described as ‘the gateway of Birmingham’ has seen many migrants settle along it, due to its unique location and affordable housing. From the Irish to the Somalian community; the memories of the people who lived here will be brought to life by our friendly walk leaders who will talk through the road's changing scene:
Visit the temple that was once a cinema.
Try samples of delicious food from around the world within a mile radius.
See the once thriving pubs that have now been abandoned.
Meet the larger-than-life shop owners who dress Birmingham’s Asian population.
Please note that if you wish to bring a stroller we ask that you contact the team. Service animals are allowed but please let us know if you are bringing one. Please note that pets are not allowed on this walking tour.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stratford Rd, Sparkbrook, Birmingham B11 1AD, UK
We'll be stopping at a number of key landmarks and exploring the stories of the migrants that came to call this place home. These include Al Fursan (Yemeni restaurant), Shree Ram Mandir (Hindu place of worship) and Gohil's Emporium (wedding superstore).
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Some venues may require the use of face masks for entry
- Coffee and/or Tea
The Bordesley Centre, Stratford Rd, Birmingham B11 1AR, UK
2 hours 30 minutes
Sparkhill Park, Stratford Rd, Birmingham B11 4LX, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sampad South Asian Arts and Heritage in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.