If you have a new camera, or want to move on from auto mode. If you feel guilty for not using your camera 'properly' or scared to explore its functions this is the course for you. We start from zero, no prior knowledge assumed or required.
This version of our 'Get Off Auto Mode' course gives you twice the time of our standard version, excellent if you need more time for theory, and to practice for your skills. Ask loads of questions to benefit from my gentle feedback. You'll be amazed at how much improvement you can make. Our studio is not like school, small group sizes ensure no-one is left behind or sat struggling.
Learn to freeze motion or blur the action using the shutter. To make a subject stand out by softening the background using the aperture. Don't worry if you've never heard of shutter and aperture before, that's what coming on the course is for!
You will need to use a camera that has modes to alter the shutter speed and aperture, found on a circular dial S + A, or Tv + Av
What You'll Get
Spend both days in and out of our beautiful studio on Thurstaston beach. Our location makes taking and reviewing our images a breeze. Friendly tuition and gentle theory at a slower pace to help you get more from your digital SLR camera, bridge camera, mirrorless, or compact system camera.
We've designed this course for the complete beginner with a new camera, or those that have had a camera for a while but want to move on from automatic mode. If you feel guilty for not using your camera 'properly' or feel scared to explore its functions and prefer to stick to the safety of auto mode this is the course for you. We really start from zero with no prior knowledge assumed or required.
• Thurstaston Beach, Thurstaston England
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea - Unlimited hot drinks through the day, served with home baked biscuits
- Lunch - Home made soup and home made bread still warm from the oven! Let us know if you have any dietary requirements as all food is made on site and we are happy to cater for all.
- Tuition between 10am and 4pm each day
- You will need to bring your own camera
- No accommodation provided - guests can not stay over or have an evening meal
Shore Cottage Studio: Creative Courses by the Sea, Station Rd, Thurstaston, Wirral CH61 0HN, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shore Cottage Studio in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.