Receive entry into St Paul's Cathedral - Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece. Explore the vast Cathedral Floor with its exquisite decor of mosaics, sculptures, paintings and artworks. Climb the Dome to the Whispering Gallery with its unique acoustics, and then up and outside to the Stone Gallery and finally the Golden Gallery with breathtaking panoramic views over London. Descend to the Crypt which houses tombs and memorials to British heroes such as Admiral Lord Nelson, the Duke of Wellington and Sir Winston Churchill.
• Discover the unique architecture - the only English Baroque style cathedral in the country.
• Walk the same ground as Prince Charles and Princess Diana when they married in 1981.
• Access to explore all five levels of the Cathedral. Two hours average visit.
• Multimedia guides included in nine languages, for adults and families.
• Guided tours (no extra cost) to join on arrival.
About This Deal
Visit: St. Paul's Cathedral, St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD England
Please bring your printed voucher with you when you visit and after passing security hand this in to staff at the fast track admission desk. Once inside you're free to explore at your own pace and in whatever route you wish. On average visitors spend two hours at the Cathedral.
A cathedral has stood on this site since the year 604 and the current Cathedral is now the fourth to have been built here after the 1666 Great Fire of London destroyed its predecessor. St Paul's is England's place of national celebration and has hosted Royal Weddings such as that of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer in 1981 and Diamond Jubilee celebrations for both Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II.
With so much to discover about the history, architecture and role of a national Cathedral you'll appreciate the excellent multimedia guides included with your admission. Available in nine languages in adult and engaging family formats. Or register on arrival to join guided tours and welcome talks led by Cathedral guides. 90 minute guided tours typically start at 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm with the shorter welcome talks offered around these.
St Paul's Cathedral is famous for its iconic Dome which you can climb up to three circular viewing points; first 257 steps to the Whispering Gallery with its unique acoustics whereby a whisper against the wall can be heard 100 feet away. Then 119 steps to the Stone Gallery on the outside of the Dome and then a final 152 steps to the Golden Gallery both offering panoramic views over London perfect for taking photographs from.
Descend to the Crypt, the largest of any cathedral in western Europe full of tombs and memorials to British heroes. Admiral Lord Nelson and the Duke of Wellington had State Funeral's at the Cathedral and are buried in the Crypt. View the tomb of the Cathedral architect, Sir Christopher Wren and those of artists like J.M.W Turner and Sir John Everett Millais and musicians such as Sir Arthur Sullivan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please exchange your voucher for tickets with staff at the main admission points of the Cathedral.
- No bags or items larger than 45cm x 30cm x 25cm (including handles, wheels and pockets).
- Personal non-flash photography is permitted inside the Cathedral except on the Whispering Gallery. The recording of video and the use of lighting, selfie sticks, tripods and monopods are not permitted.
- Child ticket holders (available to those aged 6-17) must be accompanied and supervised by an adult aged 18 or over when accessing the Dome Galleries.
- Please note: Special services or events may close all, or part, of the cathedral at short notice.
- Multimedia guides are included. If you are interested in a real tour guide at certain times a day you are able to reserve a place at the guiding desk when you arrive at the cathedral. It is not possible to make reservations in advance.
- Entry into the Cathedral is accessible to wheelchair users and step free access is available throughout and between the Cathedral Floor and Crypt. However access to the Dome Galleries is unavoidably via stairs only which are narrow and steep in places. A video of the views from the climb can be found on the multimedia guide.
- A self-identifying disabled person may receive free entry along with a carer or necessary companion (all such free places are allocated on arrival and cannot be booked).
- Please note: it is necessary to bring all pages of the voucher with you in order to redeem your tickets on the day. Guests that do not provide all details may be refused entry.
- Please note that the Whispering Gallery is currently closed until further notice.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- The Golden Gallery remains temporarily closed upon reopening. The Stone Gallery is open.
- Most travelers can participate
- From 17 May to 23 July 2021, access to the Dome Galleries is temporarily available only on Saturday visits and for Monday 31 May to Friday 4 June 2021.
- You do not need to pre-book an entry timeslot and this will be allocated on arrival at the Cathedral. Capacity is kept available for this.
- Due to public health regulations, all visitors aged 16 and over should use the NHS COVID-19 app to check in upon arrival. If the app cannot be used then staff will ask for contact details from each visitor aged 16 and over. Data will be kept safely in GDPR compliance for 21 days and only be shared with the NHS Test and Trace service if requested.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Multimedia guide available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, British Sign Language (BSL) and English Audio Description (AD)
- Guided tours and talks (Places are limited. Register on arrival)
- Entry/Admission - St. Paul's Cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
St. Paul's Cathedral, St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD England
4/1/2020 - 3/31/2022
|Monday - Saturday:||12:00 PM - 04:00 PM|
1 to 3 hours
A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the St Pauls Cathedral in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.