The only guided walking tour of Grantown-on-Spey, explaining its history since founded in 1765, the local woods and River Spey. The tour guide is local to the area with extensive knowledge of Scottish history and culture pertaining to the area. Previous experience working in the Highland Archive, written books on the local area and a graduate in Scottish Culture.
The tour will commence by the war memorial in the Square and proceed round the town, through the woods to the River Spey. The return to the war memorial will follow a different route by the woods and High St.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grantown-on-Spey, Grantown-on-Spey, Aviemore and the Cairngorms, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
A guided walking tour describing the buildings, people, history, heritage, culture, flora and fauna from Grantown town centre through Anagach Woods to the River Spey and returning to the town centre.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The walking tour is conducted outside and there will be no interaction with anything that will require handling. Guide and participants will socially distance at 2 m. Strathspey Tours have reached the industry standard 'We're Ready To Go!' set by Visit Scotland.
- Binoculars may be available to use at certain locations.
- Snacks - The walking tour will not be stopping for refreshments, but you may bring your own.
- No additional equipment is required or provided for the walking tour. You may bring camera, binoculars and walking poles if required.
The Square, Grantown-on-Spey PH26, UK
1 to 2 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Strathspey Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.