If you are interested in British History, there is no better way to spend your time effectively than having your own guide and driver. No wasted time at meeting points or managing other tourists expectations – you will have a full say in how to maximise your precious sightseeing time.
Our tour guides are of the highest standard and share a deep knowledge of Ancient HIstory with a likeable and easygoing personality. We are incredibly proud of our 100% 5* TripAdvisor ratings on ALL private tours, and intend to continue our sterling reputation.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avebury Stone Circle, Herepath Marlborough, Avebury SN8 1RF England
After an early start departing London, we will take you on a beautiful countryside drive past the towns of Hungerford & Marlborough on our way to visit the largest stone circle in the world. At Avebury, not only will you marvel at the sheer size of the monument, but have a choice to actually touch the ancient stones and enhance all it’s supernatural energies.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lacock, Lacock, Wiltshire, England
As we enter into the county of Wiltshire, we visit the enchanting village of Lacock. Famed for its picturesque beauty, Lacock attracts visitors from all over the world in search of filmsets of popular movie and tv series from Harry Potter to Downton Abbey.
Your tour guide will tell you the history of the Abbey, as well as pointing out the Village Lockup and Tithe Barn that make Lacock unique.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Bath, Bath, Somerset, England
The longest stop of the day on this tour is saved for the only Unesco World Heritage City in England. Bath has it all, from Roman Temple's to magnificent Georgian rows of housing like The Royal Crescent and Circus.
Your guide will tell you all the stories from the legend of Bladud to The Roman Invasion of Britain as you travel to the city, where you will then be granted 2.5 hours of free time to enjoy The Roman Baths Museum (Entry not included) and stop for lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Castle Combe, Castle Combe, Cotswolds, England
We end the day with a short visit to Castle Combe. Here customers can enjoy an even quieter village than Lacock and an opportunity to see a stunning small Cotswold Village.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- 10-Hour Private Tour with Experienced Driver Guide
- All Transportation & Fuel Costs
- Full Guided Commentary
- Walking Tour of Avebury
- Private transportation
- Take The Backroads Where the Big Busses Can't Go
- Entry to Lacock Abbey
- Entry to The Roman Baths Museum
Traveler pickup is offered
As we offer Hotel Pickup to over 650 hotels in Central London, we may change the departure time from 07:30am depending on the specific location of your hotel.
Sometimes there are road closures beyond our control that will prevent us from accessing your hotel. In this unlikely sitution, we will ask you to walk or use local transport to meet your driver/guide at a pre-arranged destination.
Please look outside your hotel for your guide 5 minutes before departure time. Sometimes your tour van will not be able to park directly outside your hotel, depending on the street that it is located. Please look out for your tour guide and use the contact number provided if you are having difficulty finding them.
- Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 England
- Gatwick Airport, Horley RH6 0NP England
- Southampton Cruise Terminal MSC Berth, Unnamed Road, Southampton SO15 1GZ, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tailored Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.