Begin your tour with a visit to Mary's birthplace, Linlithgow Palace. Head to Holyrood Palace to see where Mary lived and used to hunt and ride in the adjacent park. See the extinct volcano, Arthur’s Seat, and enjoy some of the most breathtaking views the city has to offer.
Afterwards, head to John Knox's House where John Knox planned and schemed to overthrow the queen. Notice that just underneath the house was where Mary’s favourite jeweller lived. Visit another location of tumultuous history where the queen's husband, Lord Darnley was murdered, now the New College if Edinburgh.
Depending on the time of year, visit Falkland Palace to see where Mary used to play tennis. Go to Craigmillar Castle, where the queen was housed when she was unwell and may have plotted to have her husband murdered. Visit Blackness Castle and learn how it was used as a filming location in the movie of Mary’s life.
During your tour, take the opportunity to have lunch at a pub that dates back to 1316.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Arthur's Seat, Queen's Drive Holyrood Park, Edinburgh EH8 8HG Scotland
This was one of Mary’s favourite hunting and riding grounds.
Stop At: Edinburgh Castle, Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NG Scotland
This was Mary’s official residence of power
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH Scotland
This was used as Holyrood Palace in the recent Mary Queen of Scots Movie.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
The birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- All guides fully vaccinated and lateral flowed before each tour! Evidence provided to all travellers before each tour.
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Edinburgh Castle
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
8 to 9 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wee Scottish Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.