This course is perfect for beginners looking for an introduction to surfing, or just a quick surfing fix! This is a 2 hour surfing lesson, tailored to your ability
For students on a first lesson your coach will introduce all of the skills and techniques necessary to surf with control and safety. Soon enough you will be riding the waves with style!
If you have already surfed, you can then use this session to build on more advanced techniques, including paddling, turning and reading the ocean.
We meet at Escape Surf School, in Newquay, which is located overlooking Towan beach on the premises of Belushis / St Christophers Inn.
About This Deal
Perfect for beginners looking for an introduction to surfing, or if you've surfed already, then ideal to improve and build on your current experience and skill!
For students on their first lesson we will introduce all of the skills and techniques necessary to surf with control and safety.
If you have already surfed, then we will use this session to build on more advanced techniques, including paddling, turning and reading the ocean.
For all abilities, we spend approximately 20 minutes on the beach discussing, technique, skills etc. then the remaining time is spent in the ocean catching waves, with hands-on coaching from our surf coaches.
Our innovative teaching method for beginners which involves holding the tail of the board, whilst the surfer gets to their feet. This helps stabilise the board until the surfer is standing, then they release and you enjoy the amazing feeling of riding the surf!
For those who have already surfed, we will focus on improving your technique and catching more waves.
We always split the groups based on your ability, so if you have already surfed, then you will join an improver or intermediate group.
• Escape Surf School, 35 Fore Street On the Seaview Terrace @ Belushis, Newquay TR7 1HD England
• Towan Beach, Beach Road, Newquay TR7 3LN England
• Newquay Beach, Island Crescent, Newquay England
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- After booking, Escape Surf School will contact you with the start (meeting) time (this can vary depending upon tides and conditions)
- Subject to favourable surf conditions. If cancelled due to poor conditions (ie dangerous), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- A board
- A wetsuit
- Gloves and boots if required
- Use of the hot showers and changing rooms
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Escape Surf School Newquay, On the Seaview Terrace @ Belushis, 35 Fore St, Newquay TR7 1HD, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2022 - 12/31/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Escape Surf School in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.