Travel through the heartland of Scotland, exploring some of the most important historical sites in Scottish history on your 1 Day Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond & Whisky tour. With more time off the bus you’ll activate all the senses, the smell of fresh Scottish air, the touch of stone on castles hundreds of years old, the sound Scottish music and stories told by your Driver Guide, and sights of some of the most spectacular landscapes in the world. This tour is a treat for fans of Game of Thrones, Outlander and Monty Python, as your stops allow you to explore the great halls and towers found in these movies and shows. If your looking to embrace Scottish culture and history, look no further because you’ve found your tour.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Kelpies, Helix Park, Falkirk FK2 7ZT Scotland
Scotland’s largest public art installation, constructed at the entrance to the Forth and Clyde Canals as a tribute to Central Scotland’s industrial past. Once seen, you’ll understand why the Kelpies are fast becoming one of Scotland’s most popular landmarks, they are the perfect photo opportunity too.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
Onwards to the magnificent Stirling Castle and the most important castle in Scottish history due to its strategic location as gateway between the Central Lowlands and the imposing Scottish Highlands to the North. Scottish (…and often English!) armies, occupied the castle throughout history in order to block rival advances from all directions. Hear tales of the famous battles fought at Stirling Bridge, Falkirk and Bannockburn during the ‘Wars of Independence’, as William Wallace and then Robert the Bruce led the Scottish forces to famous victories which inspired the movie ‘Braveheart’. Stirling Castle is one of Scotland’s most popular visitor attractions. The Castle’s 900 year history comes alive as you explore great halls, dungeons and narrow wynds. (Castle entry is optional – but recommended)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Loch Lomond, Stirling Scotland
We then head into Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park to Balmaha. Take a leisurely stroll along the banks of Loch Lomond, considered by many to be the bonniest in Scotland. Alternatively if you’re feeling energetic, walk the high level Millennium Path for spectacular views across the whole expanse of the Loch.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Deanston Distillery & Visitor Centre, Deanston Distillery Near Doune, Stirling FK16 6AG Scotland
Option 1: You’ll arrive at Deanston Whisky Distillery, located on the banks of the beautiful River Teith. Take a tour of the working distillery, experience the whisky-making process from beginning to end and learn why Whisky is such a world-renowned spirit. The tour ends with a tasting session (£8.00 per adult).
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Option 2: You can visit the nearby 14th century Doune Castle, a filming location for ‘Monty Python and the Holy Grail’, ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘Outlander’ (Castle Leoch). You’ll have 45 minutes to explore the castle and hear its varied history. Audio-guides are available. (Castle entry £9.00 per adult/£5.40 per child)
Duration: 40 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tour takes place on a 30-seater air-conditioned mini-coach
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age to travel is 7 years old (Under NO circumstances will children under 7 years old be permitted to travel on our tours/vehicles)
- Operated by an English-speaking guide
- Optional short nature walks are available on this tour 1-1.5 kms - please wear sensible/comfortable shoes
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 29 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary onboard
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Tour takes place on a 29-seater air-conditioned mini-coach
- Optional entrance fee to Stirling Castle (£14.50 for over-16s, £8.70 for under 16s)
- Optional entrance fee to Doune Castle (£9 for over 16s, £7.20 for under-16s)
- Optional Deanston Whisky Distillery Tour (£8 for over-18s, £5 for under-18s)
- Food and drinks
- No WiFi or bathrooms onboard, although stops are every 30-60 minutes
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- Entry/Admission - Deanston Distillery & Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
Deacon's House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Hairy Coo in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.