Scafell Pike from Seathwaite is our most popular route. With your knowledgeable guide, you'll head off for a day on England's highest mountain at 3,209ft it's no walk in the park!
A rewarding experience for those with a good level of fitness and equip with suitable clothing and footwear for walking in mountainous terrain.
Towering above the Borrowdale Valley on a clear day you'll see, Wales, Blackpool's Tower, Isle of Man, Ireland and up the west coast of Scotland. The scenery is majestic from deep lakes, lush forests, mountain vistas and plenty of wildlife, flora and fauna to please everyone and with such rich history it's no wonder the Lake District is such an attraction.
What You'll Get
This route climbs Scafell Pike, the highest mountain in England from Seathwaite in the Borrowdale Valley, near the town of Keswick.
• Distance: 9 miles
• Ascent: 3900 ft.
• Duration: 7 hours (Approx)You will meet at Seathwaite Farm in the morning and climb by Sty Head and the Corridor Route to Lingmell Col, before the final ascent to the summit of Scafell Pike. You will then return to Seathwaite Farm, passing by Broad Crag, Ill Crag and Esk Hause, descending by the Grains Gill path back to the Borrowdale Valley. The Summits include, Lingmell (Optional), Scafell Pike, Great End (Optional). You will be joined by a fully qualified Mountain Leader who is also First Aid Qualified whilst experiencing a full days guided walking climbing the highest mountain in England
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal Walking Equipment
The Turning Circle, Seathwaite
10am (April to October)9am (November to March)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Lake District Walker Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.