What You'll Get
Start off by travelling over the famous Kirkstone Pass which is the highest mountain road in the Lakes, before dropping down to take in the beautiful Ullswater. You’ll have chance to stretch your legs at Castlerigg Stone Circle, taking in the panoramic views of the fells. The tour returns travelling South along vast Thirlmere, with its own interesting story. There is time to wander around the historic village of Grasmere before travelling back to Windermere.
If you're short on time but want a great introduction to the lakes, seeing some fantastic scenery at the same time, then this is the tour for you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be 5 years or older and have their own seat
- Confirmation is received at the time of booking
- There are toilet stops on route
- Minimal walking is involved
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Luggage storage is available at the Windermere Information departure location
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Transport in a small mini-coach
- On-board commentary in English
- Food & drink
- Additional Entrance fees
- Drivers gratuity (Optional)
Windermere Tourist Information Centre
The main departure is at the Windermere information centre, please be there at 09:20am. Other pickups at Bowness Pier (09.05am) and Kelsick Road Ambleside (08.35).
Please be ready on time as the bus cannot wait for late passengers.
You are returned to your departure location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.