How did JK Rowling craft such brilliant, memorable characters & how did she build such an enchanting world? Why are Britain’s most beloved novels so dark & troubled? What is Rowling & Harry’s relationship to Edinburgh?
➽ Enter the dim, forbidden section of Madam Pince’s library, break open a stiff dusty book & CRACK! The Portkey will transport you to Edinburgh, where a red-robed wizard will meet you for a winding journey through their cobbled fairy-tale Old Town, festooned with glittering stone palaces & mushroomed with soaring wizard towers; you'll shine a light into JK’s gilded brain.
➽ Long private tours curtail expensive quarantines & banish hassle. 5¼ hours gives us the freedom to cover more ground, more Potter inspirations & enter Rowling’s mindsets in rich detail. If you care about Harry Potter I’d love to show you around.
① ticket reserves a tour for ≤ 7 Potterheads & squibs.
Combine this tour with a shop on Edinburgh’s Diagon & dinner in Nicolsons & it’s a rich day ϟ
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Potter Tour, Edinburgh Scotland
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
JK Rowling said Edinburgh surely rubbed off on Harry Potter. We'll drink in the scenes & atmospheres that propelled a new world.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children under 7 go free.
- There is a good amount of steps. People say it is a good workout. Wear comfortable waterproof shoes, gloves & hat; check the weather
- 5¼ hours is a long time so BREAKFAST. Think everybody’s favourite Gameskeeper: if your feet haven’t swollen to baby Dolphins - keep shovelling!
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please review ‘What’s Included’
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- The museum of Scotland
- The HQ of the Royal Bank of Scotland
- Old Parliament Hall
- NCP car park discount & tour collect
- Flexible start: want to start later than 10? Cool! Message me after booking
- Flexibility: message me who's coming, why the books are important to them, your preferred duration
- Entry/Admission - The Potter Tour
- Entry/Admission - Edinburgh Old Town
- Guides pay heavily for group access to Greyfriars Kirkyard. A tip, say £50, would be handsome!
- Potter guides & aspiring guides: please look elsewhere, I love you but I have too many "tributes"
- Breakfast. We can pause for sandwiches to be eaten during the tour, but BREAKFAST IS KING
1: Monumento a Wellington, Wellington, Edinburgh EH1 3YY, UK
2: Waverley Railway Station, Edinburgh EH1 1BB, UK
3: NCP Edinburgh Holyrood Rd, Holyrood Rd, Edinburgh EH8 9UL, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
I can pick you up at your accommodation at your preferred time & adapt my route if you’re jet-lagged & need maximum time to eat breakfast or lunch, but story-wise it’s optimum to meet me at the regular tour start point: opposite the Balmoral Hotel with its clock tower, besides the statue of the Duke of Wellington.
Please message me to change the tour commencement time after booking. 10 am is usually the earliest start, however.
5 hours 15 minutes
1: Edinburgh City Chambers, 253 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ, UK
2: Victoria Street, Victoria St, Edinburgh EH1, UK
3: Nicolsons Cafe, 6a Nicolson St, Edinburgh EH8 9DH, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Potter Tour in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.