Our 3 hour Sky to Sea bike tour takes us to the highest and lowest points of Edinburgh accessible by tarmac on a choice of manual or e-bike. From our very own volcano, Arthur's Seat, with its panoramic views across the city, to the golden sandy beaches and sea views at Portobello. We also pay a visit to the Port of Leith, with over 600 years of maritime history, and the Georgian New Town, a UNESCO world heritage site with grand streets and town houses. Transport to the start of the route is provided free of charge, in our custom bike bus. Your tour will end centrally, close to the Waverley Station.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Canal, Edinburgh EH11 1EZ, UK
Ancient transport route
Pass By: The Meadows, Melville Dr, Edinburgh EH9 1ND, UK
Edinburgh University and the Old Royal Infirmary Hospital
Pass By: Holyrood Park Education Centre 1 Queen's Drive, Edinburgh EH8 8HG Scotland
Royal Park featuring Holyrood Palace and The Scottish Parliament Buildings
Pass By: Arthur's Seat, Queen's Drive Holyrood Park, Edinburgh EH8 8HG Scotland
Extinct volcano with views of Edinburgh
Pass By: Innocent Railway Tunnel, 1 Holyrood Park, Edinburgh EH16 5BT Scotland
One of Scotland's oldest railways
Pass By: Portobello Beach, 1 Promenade, Edinburgh EH15 2DX Scotland
Victorian promenade and sandy beaches
Pass By: Leith, Edinburgh EH6 Scotland
Once Scotland's busiest port with over 600 years of maritime history
Pass By: New Town, Edinburgh Scotland
Georgian streets and UNESCO world heritage site
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years
- Minimum age is 12 years for manual bike and 16 years for e-bike
- Wear comfortable casual/leisure clothing and footwear. Dress appropriately according to weather conditions
- Physical activity featuring two short/medium climbs uphill which can walked if necessary. Pedal assist bikes available to help uphill and for a more relaxed experience. Recommended for leisure cyclists with moderate fitness.
- Subject to weather conditions. If canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- All cyclists heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Participants must be comfortable riding a bicycle
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Choice of manual or e-bike
- Hotel pick up
- Helmet, gloves and rain jacket
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Transport can be arranged from hotel, B&B and self service holiday accommodation throughout Edinburgh.
3 hours 50 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Tartan Bicycle Co in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.