Windsor Castle is a royal residence at Windsor in the English county of Berkshire. It is notable for its long association with the English and later British royal family and for its architecture. The original castle was built in the 11th century after the Norman invasion of England by William the Conqueror.
Tours inside the Castle includes
1. The Precinct tour (As the world’s oldest and largest inhabited castle, there’s a lot of history to delve into.)
2. Audio tour with Prince Charles ( See the castle through the eyes of a royal with a free audio guide, available in the courtyard. The Prince of Wales introduces the tour, and the commentary carries you through the highlights of the State Apartments and St George’s Chapel )
3. State Apartments
4. Waterloo chamber
5. St George’s Chapel
6. Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House
7. The semi-state rooms
8. Changing the Guard
9. Fine art
10. The China Museum
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Windsor, Windsor, Windsor and Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
No trip to Windsor could possibly be complete without a visit to amazing Windsor Castle, the family home to British kings and queens for over 1,000 years.
Eton College, home of one of England's famous public schools; President John F Kennedy Memorial site Windsor Great Park and Runnymede Birth place of freedom, where King John sealed the Magna carta (The Magna Carta, also known as the Great Charter to the Liberties of England, is a document originally issued in Latin in the year 1215. The Great Charter is truly great, because it was the first legal document to establish that leaders did not have arbitrary power, granted under Divine Authority, but instead were subject to the law of the land. The feudal barons forced King John of England to sign the Magna Carta in an attempt to limit his powers by law and protect their rights. In a way, it was the world's very first written Constitution. The charter was a major part of the process that led to the rule of constitutional law in the English speaking world, an ideal which was eventually transported to the New World. It would inspire the Founding Fathers to draft a new document, the United States Constitution. As a tribute to its influence, a copy of the Magna Carter is housed in the Temple of Founding History, the National Archive, in Washington D.C.)
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry Pass to the windsor castle
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Visit London in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.