Visit the Jewels of Kent. Enjoy a fantastic day out. Explore History, Medieval, Culture.
Your route takes you through Kent, known as the Garden of England and on to Canterbury with its fine Norman Cathedral,
visit to Dover with its white cliffs and castle. In the afternoon you will visit Leeds Castle, arguably the most beautiful castle in England. It was built in the middle of a lake and was home to the medieval Queens of England.
Included in this Tour is Punting on the Moat. Enjoy a leisurely punt on the moat in the shadow of Leeds Castle. Sit back, relax and float gently through the ancient arches in an elegant wooden punt. Visitors will be able to see views of the Castle from an inspiring perspective with a guided tour. the fee for the punting is included with the price.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canterbury Cathedral, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury CT1 2EH England
Canterbury with its fine Norman Cathedral, Pilgrims and visitors have made their way to Canterbury Cathedral since the Middle Ages. It remains one of the most visited places in the country. St Augustine founded the first Cathedral in about 600AD.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Leeds Castle Penfold Hill Leeds, Maidstone ME17 1PL England
Lord Thomas Fairfax was born in the castle in 1693, although moved to the United States to oversee an estate. A sundial in the grounds shows the current time as it is in Virginia, America. Leeds Castle has been a Norman stronghold; the private property of six of England’s medieval queens; a palace used by Henry VIII and his first wife Catherine of Aragon; a Jacobean country house; a Georgian mansion; an elegant early 20th century retreat for the influential and famous; and in the 21st century, it has become one of the most visited historic buildings in Britain. Punting on the Moat
Enjoy a leisurely punt on the moat in the shadow of Leeds Castle.
Sit back, relax and float gently through the ancient arches in an elegant wooden punt. Visitors will be able to see views of the Castle from an inspiring perspective with a guided tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dover Castle, Castle Hill, Dover CT16 1HU England
Commanding the shortest sea crossing between England and the continent, Dover Castle has a long and immensely eventful history. Known as the ‘key to England’, this great fortress has played a crucial role in the defence of the realm for over nine centuries, a span equalled only by the Tower of London and Windsor Castle. The chalk of Castle Hill has been shaped and reshaped over the centuries into massive earthworks, ditches and mounds. Imposing walls and towers have been raised and networks of tunnels excavated beneath them. Henry II began the building of the present castle in the 1180s, and ever since its buildings and defences have been adapted to meet the changing times.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Infants seats are subject availability
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Payments for gratuities and add-ons can be made by card through our office at any time before or during your tour Coronavirus Update 6 Government advice Travel safely during the coronavirus outbreak. You should avoid using public transport where possible.
- Punting on the Moat Tour
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Entry to Canterbury Cathedral
- Entry to Leeds Castle
- Entry to Dover Castle
- Entry/Admission - Canterbury Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Leeds Castle
- Entry/Admission - Dover Castle
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Visit London in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.