Did you know that Voldemort has a grave in Edinburgh cemetery? Or that the Patronus of James Potter comes from a Scottish legend? When she wrote Harry Potter, JK Rowling had just moved to Edinburgh and was inspired by everything she saw around her.
During this private tour, you will follow her footsteps and discover more of the behind the scenes of magic. You will learn anecdotes about both Harry Potter and the life of its author while discovering all the hidden spots of Edinburgh - which are strikingly similar to the world described by JK Rowling.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Advocate's Close, 1 Advocates Close, Edinburgh EH1 1PQ Scotland
History of the Harry Potter world.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: 21 Grassmarket Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 2HS Scotland
Wand lore and scottish legends which inspired JK Rowling
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Greyfriars Kirkyard, Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh EH1 2QQ Scotland
Discover the cemetery which inspired JK Rowling
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: National Museum of Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1JF Scotland
Discover the collections of the National Museum of Scotland and the items that inspired the Harry Potter set designers.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Greyfriars Kirkyard
- Entry/Admission - National Museum of Scotland
249 High St, Edinburgh EH1, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/16/2021 - 12/4/2022
|Monday:||10:00 AM - 11:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||06:00 PM - 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||06:00 PM - 11:00 PM|
|Thursday:||06:00 PM - 11:00 PM|
|Friday:||06:00 PM - 11:00 PM|
|Saturday:||10:00 AM - 11:00 PM|
|Sunday:||10:00 AM - 11:00 PM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Thunderdices in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.