Enjoy a day exploring the scenic beauty of the Northern Highlands and travel to one of the most remote spots in Scotland; Applecross. Enjoy spectacular scenery, see a range of wildlife and experience the breath-taking Applecross Peninsula on your one day tour from Inverness.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lochcarron of Scotland - Lochcarron Weavers, Lochcarron, Midstrome IV54 8YH, UK
We spend a short while in Lochcarron to soak up the atmospheric scenery
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bealach na Ba Road, Loch Kishorn, Applecross Scotland
We then continue our journey, climbing upwards through dramatic landscape over the Bealach na Ba (Gaelic for Pass of the Cattle) which is also known as the Applecross Pass. The road is the third highest in Britain at over 2000 feet; we’ll pause for photos at the summit, so have your camera ready for those jaw-dropping views across Raasay and the Isle of Skye!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Applecross Photographic Gallery, Camusterrach, Applecross IV54 8LU Scotland
We then begin our descent to Applecross. Located on a beautiful bay, Applecross is full of natural wildlife, perfect for nature lovers! You may see otters, red kites, deer and perhaps pine martens! We’ll stop here for plenty of time to explore Applecross Village.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Shieldaig.org, Main Street, Shieldaig, Strathcarron IV54 8XN, UK
We pause for refreshments at Shieldaig
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve, A832 Open from April to October, Kinlochewe Scotland
We then leave Applecross and begin our return journey to Inverness, with a relaxing drive along the banks of Loch Torridon, and through the Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve. This nature reserve is one of the oldest in Britain and is home to plenty of wildlife; you may even spot a golden eagle! Travelling on, our Applecross tour will make brief stops at the villages of Shieldaig and Kinlochewe on our way back to Inverness. Shieldaig is a small fishing village founded in 1800 and takes its name from the Viking word síld-vík which means “Herring Bay” we pause here to admire the scenery and get some refreshments before moving along Loch Torridon on to Kinlochewe and then homeward bound to Inverness where our Applecross tour ends.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 4 years old.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Digital translations in English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian & Mandarin available on request.
- Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before your tour's departure time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Live commentary on board
- Food and drinks
- Attraction Tickets
Bus Station, Farraline Park, Inverness, Inverness IV1 1LT, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Timberbush Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.