Explore the legends of Rosslyn Chapel and journey through the Scottish Lowlands on this borders tour. Discover Melrose Abbey, the fabled resting place of the heart of Robert the Bruce and take a 'tour and a taste' at Glenkinchie, a rare lowland whisky distillery.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 1 Chapel Loan Rosslyn Chapel, Roslin, Roslin EH25 9PT Scotland
From our starting point by Edinburgh Castle, we head out of the city to the village of Roslin, making our first stop at Rosslyn Chapel. Described as the "Library in Stone", the inside walls of Rosslyn Chapel are covered in thousands of ancient carvings, each with a story of its own. You can also learn of the myths and legends surrounding the chapel, including tales of the Knights Templar. Rosslyn Chapel's worldwide fame increased thanks to "The Da Vinci Code", Dan Brown's blockbusting novel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Melrose Abbey, Abbey Street, Melrose TD6 9LG Scotland
We travel to the historic town of Melrose, birthplace of the game of Rugby Sevens and location of Melrose Abbey, founded in 660, said to be the burial place of the casket containing the heart of Robert the Bruce. Here we stop for lunch and have free time to explore Melrose and its Abbey.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Glenkinchie Distillery, Pencaitland EH34 5ET Scotland
Our journey north takes us to Pencaitland, where we visit the charming Glenkinchie Distillery, one of few Lowland distilleries in Scotland for a whisky tour. Here you can enjoy "a tour and a taste", learn more about "the water of life" and sample some of Glenkinchie's finest malts. Then we'll return to Edinburgh.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Scott's View, St. Boswells TD6 0AP Scotland
On our return journey, we'll travel via St. Boswells and pause for a photo stop at Scott's View, where we can enjoy glorious scenic views.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Rosslyn Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Melrose Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Glenkinchie Distillery
521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PE, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Timberbush Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.