We will take you on a day trip to areas that are as stunning as they are interesting. We can provide the itinerary or you can create your own.
Throughout the day you will receive Professional Photography tuition and there is the option for editing tuition after the the tour.
Introduction to Photography course notes provided electronically.
A suggested itinerary is:
- Dunnottar Castle- One of the worlds most iconic castles.
- Crathes Castle - A 16th Century masterpiece of architecture.
- Burn 'o' Vat / Loch Kinnord walk or tour of the Royal Lochnagar Distillery
- Optional Photo Editing Tuition
Pick up and drop off is from your Hotel, Train Station, Airport or Cruise Ship.
We can alter the tour to include Balmoral Castle, but it is not open all year. Please ask us about availability.
Please note the distillery is subject to seasonal opening times.
TET are members of ABTOT (No.5419) which provides protection for customers’ prepayments.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dunnottar Castle, Stonehaven AB39 2TL Scotland
One of Scotland's and the worlds most spectacular castles, Dunnottar is a ruined medieval fortress located upon a rocky headland near Stonehaven. The surviving buildings date back to the 15th and 16th centuries, but was originally fortified in the Early Middle Ages.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Crathes Castle, Crathes, Banchory AB31 5QJ Scotland
Fascinating 16th Century Castle with turrets, gargoyles, 16th-century painted ceilings and ancient, great yew hedges and walled gardens set in magnificent surroundings
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Balmoral Castle, Ballater AB35 5TB Scotland
The 18th century baronial Balmoral Castle has been the Scottish home of the Royal Family since it was purchased for Queen Victoria by Prince Albert in 1852.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Royal Lochnagar Distillery, Ballater AB35 5TB Scotland
The world famous, Royal Lochnagar distillery, which was established in 1845, is a single malt Scotch whisky producer based near Balmoral Castle. You will be able to learn how it is made and sample some drams.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Muir of Dinnet National Nature Reserve, Dinnet, Ballater Scotland
The Nature Reserve is a mosaic of wetlands, woods, moors and wildlife. The Vat Gorge is a cauldron-shaped pothole, gouged out by rocks tumbling along in a stream beneath a glacier many thousands of years ago.
You make your way into the Vat through a narrow crack in the rock and stand in the atmospheric cavern and listen to the strange echoes of water that seems to pour out of the rocks.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- All tours tailored to suit your exact requirements or locations chosen from Tour Details
- Photography Tuition and introduction to digital photography course notes.
- Lunch is optional and location will depend on tour.
- Pick up from with Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire
- Route and timings will depend on starting point and your choice of attractions..
- Suitable for all levels of photographer and non photography partners welcome.
- Lunch not included in cost
- No drinks are included in the cost.
- Internal distillery tour costs not included
- Entrance Fee / Interior tours of castles not included.
- Manual Camera required for tuition.
- Entry/Admission - Crathes Castle
- Entry/Admission - Balmoral Castle
- Entry/Admission - Royal Lochnagar Distillery
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off is from anywhere in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. Rural locations may adjust cost or tour timings. All tours can be tailored to your own requirements. The tour details below list some places we recommend and from which we will create your own personalised day.
- Dyce Airport, Aberdeen Scotland
- Aberdeen Harbour, N Pier, Aberdeen AB11 5HB, UK
6 to 8 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Time Exposure Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.