You may be thinking that the best place to view the Changing of the Guard is at the gates of Buckingham Palace but this is not the case.It’s often overcrowded and the chance of you seeing much can be somewhat disappointing.Most of the best vantage points happen away from the Palace, and on this tour you will be able to get much closer.At St James’s Palace the guards form up and then we’ll wait on the Mall to watch the Household Cavalry go by in their dazzling uniforms.We’ll see Clarence House and then take a position away from the throngs of other tourists so you can see the guards will march past you in front of the Palace and then onto Wellington Barracks to watch the end of the ceremony. Please note, that during bad weather the ceremony can be cancelled at short notice. If this occurs then the tour will take place at Horseguards Parade where you can see the Household Cavalry doing the change.Please ensure you arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time of the tour.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duke Of York Column, Waterloo Place, London England
Frederck Duke of York, Commander in Chief of the Army
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: St. James's Palace, London England
Here we will watch the old guard form up before they set off for Buckingham Palace
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Clarence House, St. James's Palace, London SW1A 2WH England
Home of HRH Prince Charles and other Royalty
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
We'll watch the guards leave the Palace on their way to Wellington Barracks
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wellington Barracks Birdcage Walk, London SW1E 6HQ England
The old guard stands down
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Duke Of York Column
- Entry/Admission - St. James's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Clarence House
- Entry/Admission - Buckingham Palace
- Entry/Admission - Wellington Barracks
1 hour 15 minutes
20 Birdcage Walk, Westminster, London SW1E 6HQ, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Timeline Walking Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.