The town of Brighton is a typical seaside town on the English riviera, and therefore, it is one of the top and popular day trip destinations, being only about 2 hours away by car. The Mediterranean influenced beauty arcades and the buildings of the Regency-era support this broad shingle beach. Built-in 1899 and now has rides and food kiosks in the central waterfront area, Brighton Pier where also you can enjoy sunbathing on the deck chairs. The city's nightlife as well as arts, shopping and festivals are also known. During your visit you can take a walking tour where you will enjoy strolling the narrow and colourful streets of Brighton, followed by a visit to Market Street, lively pubs, cafes, street performers, jewellery, fudge sellers and hundreds of shops selling almost all goods for shoppers. You will fall in love with the colourful ambience of the streets of Brighton.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Pavilion, 4/5 Pavilion Buildings Pavilion Gardens, Brighton BN1 1EE England
A striking landmark with its Indo-Saracen dome and ornate interiors, the Royal Pavilion was once King George IV's (Uncle of Queen Victoria and the son of King George III and the brother of William IV) residence. King George IV was a pleasure monarch who also remodelled the Windsor Castle. In the garden of the Royal Pavillion, there are large collections of the Brighton Museum and Art Gallery from fine art to decoration which you will see. The Royal Pavilion began as a humble lodging house in the 18th century. The Prince of Wales, Architect Henry Holland helped George turn his humble seaside retreat into a beautiful, neoclassical villa– the Marine Pavilion. In 1815 the eminent architect John Nash was hired by George, the Prince Regent, to redesign it in Indian style. The work was finished in 1823 when George was reigning. It is the building that you see today, an instantly recognizable symbol of Brighton. We will visit the Royal Pavillion today.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Brighton Palace Pier, Madeira Drive, Brighton BN2 1TW England
Victorian marvel Brighton Pier's history almost the same time with George IV's marvel the Royal Pavillion. Even today you can see the trace of a typical Victorian entertainment style in this lovely and iconic steel construction in the English Channel. Across the channel, France salutes the guests. Therefore the idea of building this masterpiece was using this pier as a landing stage for passenger ships sailed from Dover's sister Dieppe Town in France. Since the pier is open for all kinds of storms and strong winds through the English Channel, In the past, the pier has faced several natural disasters that have caused serious damage. After the reconstruction of the pier in 1899, amusement machines, concert hall and other fancy attractions were installed. Today, it's the centre of family entertainment with its amusement park, sun deck chairs, little treat shops, cafes, pubs and fancy restaurants. It would be a wonderful idea if you could have lunch at this Victorian wonder in the heart of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All vehicles steam cleaned.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Royal Pavilion
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tourope UK in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.