A behind the scenes look at a famous London theatre can be an eye-opening experience. Most theatres in London are impressive from the outside but when you visit theatres such as Drury Lane, the National or the Royal Opera House, the scale inside is hugely impressive, with a hidden world of costume departments, scene-building and technical magic. This tour explores the backstage life of the Royal Opera House, where you will see preparation for the shows (they do 20 a year), including set-building and props-making. Each tour is different from the last and runs from Monday to Saturday exploring areas of the theatre not normally seen and immerses you in the glitz and glamour of a West End production. There can be a pre-theatre dinner in Covent Garden District to prepare for an unforgettable night of a magnificent West End musical where you will have a truly memorable experience watching global smash hit musicals such as Mamma Mia, Matilda, School of Rock and The Phantom of the Opera.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Covent Garden, Covent Garden, London, England
Speaking of gardens, be sure not to overlook Covent Garden. It is associated with the former fruit-and-vegetable market in the central square, now a very popular shopping and tourist site. Not really gardens at all, the area is a spectacular array of theatres, shops (many people visit London just for the shopping) and more where the street performers compete with restaurants, bars, clubs and shops for tourists' attention. Covent Garden is also the prime destination of theatregoers and patrons of the Royal Opera House by night. It’s right situated in the heart of London’s Broadway West End. The area wasn’t used to be a fancy part of the city, however, series of developments after 70’s made this district as a prime destination of the tourists. Indeed, Covert Garden is one of the vibrant places of interests in London. It plays a great role in today’s cultural life with its theatres, restaurants, cafes, street performers, stalls, markets and many attractions. It’s a must-see place in London.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Royal Opera House, Bow Street, London WC2E 9DD England
The Royal Opera House tours will showcase other aspects of the Royal Opera House's beautiful building, and visitors will be given the opportunity to learn some little-known facts about the organization, as well as gain an insight into how they make costumes, sets and props, together with an overview of the stagecraft that underlies everything they do here at the Royal Opera House. Our professional guides will give you a better aspect of the soul of the West End in the combination of significant places, buildings and art life of London.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All vehicles steam cleaned.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available in our vehicles for the best hygiene practice.
- Royal Opera House tour ticket(s)
- Musical Ticket(s)
- Entry/Admission - Royal Opera House
Covent Garden, Long Acre, Charing Cross, London WC2E 9JT, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tourope UK in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.