With almost 400 places of interest for art lovers to visit in London, it is impossible to visit them all in one day. There is The National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery, Tate Modern and Victoria & Albert Museum to name but a few. Those museums are offered in our “Special Interest” tour section separately. This tour aims to visit other, equally important art museums in the city. In the morning you will visit The Wallace Collection.
After a traditional English lunch, you will be taken to one of the art museums of your choice such as Royal Academy of Arts, Queen’s House, The Courtauld Gallery, Sir John Soane’s Museum, Guildhall Art Gallery, Jewish Museum, Dulwich Picture Gallery, Somerset House, Leighton House Museum and Art Gallery, Saatchi Gallery, Horniman Museum and Gardens, Banqueting House, Kenwood House, Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art, Bankside Gallery, Whitechapel Gallery, Hayward Gallery, Barbican Gallery, UCL Art Museum and many more upon your request.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wallace Collection, Hertford House Manchester Square Manchester Square, London W1U 3BN England
Wallace Collection was established in 1897 from the private collection mainly created by Richard Seymour-Conway, 4th Marquess of Hertford (1800–1870), who left both it and the house to his illegitimate son Sir Richard Wallace (1818–1890), whose widow bequeathed the entire collection to the nation. The collection opened to permanent public view in 1900 in Hertford House and remains there to this day. A condition of the bequest was that no object should ever leave the collection, even for loan exhibitions.
After the French Revolution, many wealthy families in the United Kingdom purchased many rich works of the ancient regime and indeed, the three collections of The Wallace Collection, Waddesdon Manor and The Royal Collection, all three located in the United Kingdom, forms probably the most extensive collections of French 18th-century decorative arts in the world, with the exception of the French collections of the Musée du Louvre, Château de Versailles and Mobilier National in France. In the Wallace Collection, you will be guided by experts of the museum. During this 75-minute tour, you will be able to visit paintings and drawings, furniture, ceramics, European and Oriental arms and armour, sculpture, miniatures, Medieval and Renaissance works of art, Goldsmiths’ work and many more.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All vehicles steam cleaned.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available in our for the best hygiene practice.
- Public transportation tickets
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tourope UK in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.