Explore the historic city of Oxford and discover centuries of rich English history on this private walking tour. Follow a private guide through the pretty streets of Oxford and enjoy the flexibility to choose your own itinerary. Sightsee around the churches, museums, and university buildings, and learn of the skilled authors, inventors, playwrights, and scientists who have lived and studied here. Perhaps visit the medieval Divinity School — the university’s oldest building — and admire the intricate 15th-century ceilings and bosses.
About This Deal
Following a pickup at your centrally located Oxford hotel or the railway station, start your tour at the Weston Library — near Balliol College. With your private guide to lead the way, enjoy the flexibility to plan your own route though this pretty and historic city.
Depending on your personal preferences, perhaps enjoy a sightseeing tour through the medieval heart of Oxford and admire the churches, museums and university buildings for which the city is famous. Along the way, perhaps enjoy the chance to step inside The Divinity School — widely considered among the university’s greatest architectural masterpieces.
During your tour, learn about the evolution of the university from a rag-tag collection of ungovernable halls to the center of academic excellence it is today. Gain insight into the historic feuds and foibles, achievements and ambitions that have shaped Oxford University, and hear of the famous academics, inventors, scientists, and writers who have lived and worked here down the centuries.
Afterward, finish your walking tour in central Oxford, then return in comfort to your hotel or the railway station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All tours must be booked a minimum of 48hrs in advance of tour
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes or trainers since this tour involves a moderate amount of walking
- Tours can run at any time to suit your itinerary, however 11am and 2pm are optimum start times.
- No pickup service outside of the central Oxford city area
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private guide
- Some entrance fees to the colleges may apply
- Food and drinks
King's Arms, 40 Holywell St, Oxford OX1 3SP, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Oxford Central Railway Station
Central Oxford Hotels
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours of Oxford in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.