Explore the historic city of Oxford and discover centuries of rich English history on this private walking tour. Follow a private guide through the pretty streets of Oxford and enjoy the flexibility to choose your own itinerary. Sightsee around University buildings and Colleges, and learn of the University's extraordinary history from its origins as a rag tag of Halls to the premier university it is today.
Perhaps visit the medieval Divinity School — the University’s oldest building — an architectural gem packed with history (and the location of scenes in 3 Harry Potter movies!) Or visit one of its world famed College - chapels, halls and gardens and get a taste of college life.
All our guides are post-graduates of the University and/or published authors on Oxford, known (and oft celebrated!) for their delight in sharing their expertise, enthusiasm and love of storytelling.
As for local information, we offer a comprehensive service when you book your tour.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Weston Library, Broad Street Bodleian Library, Oxford OX1 3BG England
Your guide will meet you at The Weston, our usual meeting point and situated in the heart of the Old University. Look for sign with your name(s) on it - Your guide will be attached! The Weston offers a cafe, free exhibitions, and excellent facilities.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bodleian Library Bodleian Library Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BG England
The Old Bodleian Library forms part of the Old University Quarter, and your tour will take a leisurely stroll through this stunning ancient complex, pausing to take in its key historic sites.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Divinity School, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3BG, UK
The Divinity School is the oldest classroom in the University, an architectural gem, packed with history (and the location of scenes in 3 Harry Potter movies!) Usual open but access checked prior to your tour. £2.50 per person.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: University of Oxford, University Offices 1 Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD England
Visiting a College. Your guide can take you inside an Oxford College to explore chapels, dining halls and beautiful gardens while you sample a taste of college life. While some Colleges are free, and can be included in your tour, a majority charge an entry fee. All College availability is checked prior to your tour date.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All tours must be booked a minimum of 48hrs in advance of tour
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes or trainers since this tour involves a moderate amount of walking
- Tours can run at any time to suit your itinerary, however 11am and 2pm are optimum start times.
- No pickup service outside of the central Oxford city area
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private guide
- Entrance fees are not included and range from £2.50 to £8 per person. Concessions in some colleges.
- Entry/Admission - The Divinity School
- Entry/Admission - University of Oxford
Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BG, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Central Oxford Hotels
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours of Oxford in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.