This intimate private tour is the perfect way to visit Chartwell as it offers you a pick-up and return from a location of your choice, the chance to explore Chartwell with someone who is passionate about Sir Winston Churchill and all the awe-inspiring accomplishments that he achieved from this modest country estate.
A giant of history and instrumental in the success of the Allies in the Second World War, the world we live in owes much to Sir Winston and his vision of a free and united Europe. Many of Sir Winston's greatest achievements, including the writing of his Nobel Prize-winning memoirs, took place at Chartwell. Much changed and expanded upon by Sir Winston, Chartwell was, in places, built by Churchill who had a hand in expanding and extending the main house to building the brick walls in the kitchen garden. This tour offers you the chance not only to explore the house and grounds but discover, with the help of your guide, how Churchill created a much-loved family home.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chartwell Mapleton Road, Westerham TN16 1PS England
Chartwell was the home of Sir Winston Churchill and his family from September 1922 until Sir Winston's death in 1965. For over 40 years, this family home not only dominated the life of the Churchill's themselves but also the lives of the politicians, civil servants, military men, and foreign diplomats who saught Churchill's advice and council. Decorated today as it was during its heyday of the 1920s and 1930s Chartwell is a must-see for anyone who wishes to learn more about the greatest Briton who ever lived.
Once at Chartwell you will have 4-hours to explore the house, grounds, and studio. Your guide will lead you through the house and grounds explaining the many artefacts and objets d'art, including several Churchill paintings, that were left to the National Trust (Chartwell's owners) upon the death of Sir Winston in 1965.
You will also have time for a spot of lunch in the cafe, or if you wish, you can bring a picnic with you to enjoy in the grounds.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Entry To Chartwell
- Entry/Admission - Chartwell
Traveler pickup is offered
We are able to pick-up clients from any central London location, Gatwick, and Heathrow. If you would like a pick-up outside of these areas please feel free to contact us before booking to discuss the pick-up
- Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 England
- Gatwick Airport, Horley RH6 0NP England
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Of The UK in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.