Step into the city’s ancient walls, and meander through several thousand years of history on a private walking tour. Learn about the history of the railways stations in York and the way trains revolutionised the country, while making York the epicentre of travel in the North East. Marvel in the spectacular views of York Minster, Northern Europe’s largest cathedral and an architectural masterpiece that emits a radiating glow over the city.See where Guy Fawkes was born, now a pub with his namesake. Discover one of the world’s best-preserved medieval streets as mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. Guildhall is located beyond the Mansion House, and is an imposing first Grade I listed 15th pile situated on the River Ouse. The tour finishes at The Star Inn, an old engine house which sits on the edge of the Museum Gardens by the River Ouse.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: York City Walls, York YO1 7HB England
Walk along the ancient city walls with spectacular views of the York Minster.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Roman Column, Treasurers House Minster Yard, York YO1 7JL England
Visit of the historic Roman column and the Multangular Tower, which is over 2000 years old
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St. Helen's Square, City Centre, York YO1 8QN England
St Helen's Square is dominated by the grandeur of the Mansion House, the Lord Mayor’s official residence.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- A friendly and knowledgeable guide who will help you get the best possible experience.
- Plenty of time to take photos of the spectacular sights
- A pint or house wine at a local pub
- Additional food and drink
- Transportation on the day (if required)
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Travel Curious in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.