Learn to make traditional South Indian dishes with your host, a home cook who has been cooking throughout her life. A great opportunity for you to meet a local in their home and learn all about the ingredients, cooking techniques and traditions associated with Indian cooking. You will get a sneak peak into their lives and hear wonderful stories of Jemima growing up in South India and how she learned to cook from her mother. If you're craving Indian food, this is the best place to try an authentic, home-cooked meal, made using traditional ingredients and cooking techniques. By the end of this experience you will not only have knowledge about Indian food and traditions, but you'll have learnt to make a few dishes yourself, that you can re-create back home!
About This Deal
Join Jemima, and her husband and children, when they are home, for a home-cooked South Indian cooking class and meal experience. Jemima lives in a family home on the outskirts of London (London Zone 4) in Bromley, a quiet suburb of London with professional working families. In your cooking class learn to make traditional South Indian dishes with Jemima, who has been cooking throughout her life. You might learn to make dishes like a traditional tomato or coconut chutney, a meat or vegetable curry dish, and as well as dosas or idlis.
After your cooking class, you will enjoy the meal you helped prepare. Your menu might include South Indian staples such as dosas (Indian crepe-like pancakes made from fermented lentil and rice batter) and a variety of meat and vegetable curries, served at their kitchen dining table. In the summer, enjoy your meal on their back patio. Please note that your host will be serving you and happy to chat as you are eating but won’t eat with you - so she can make sure you get your dosas piping hot!
• The Glades, Bromley, High Street, Bromley BR1 1DN England
• Welcome Indian drink (such as chaas, a spiced buttermilk yogurt drink)
• Dosas with tomato chutney
• Beef ularthiyathu (dry roasted beef with onions and spices)
• Coconut rice
• Fresh fruit
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Cooking class with your host Jemima
- Alcoholic Beverages
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Traveling Spoon, Inc in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.