Great way to stretch the legs and walk off Christmas lunch! Socialise with your family and friends whilst exploring the town centre, with the trail directions taking you into parts you probably wouldn't find on your own. Going round in teams of up to six at your own pace makes it a sociable experience as you chat amongst yourselves agreeing the answers to the questions whilst learning about Shakespeare's life along the way. And the light-hearted competitiveness against the other teams adds to the fun, especially when it comes to the scoring at the end!
What You'll Get
After a short 10' introduction, teams of up to six set off armed with quiz sheet, directions, clipboard & pen looking for the answers to a mix of historical, observational and fun questions during 90' of screen-free time and some light-hearted competitiveness. You will learn how this lovely old market town evolved over the centuries and the influence of their most famous resident, playwright William Shakespeare. The trail takes you past his birthplace, his school, the location of his final home and the church where he is buried, as well as passing by the theatres, other places of interest, gardens and alongside the picturesque river Avon. It is not a race so everyone is welcome to stop and take photographs, buy ice creams and mementos, and on return the host goes through the answers with token prizes for the winning team members. Suitable for all ages from eight upwards, and buggy and dog-friendly. There are options of detours to avoid a couple of sets of steps for wheelchair-users. The trails are run during daylight hours and are a great way to get your bearings and a better understanding of how Stratford evolved and Shakespeare's influence on the town that you see today.
• Holy Trinity Church, Old Town, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6BG England
• Bancroft Gardens, Bridgefoot, Stratford-upon-Avon England
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- The trail is generally flat taking you along footpaths, with a gentle slope on one street and includes a couple of detours to avoid steps.
- The trail involves walking at a steady pace with stops throughout the 90' trail whilst looking for the answers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Clipboard, pen, directions
- Coffee and/or Tea - There is the option to purchase coffees, teas and drinks at the meeting venue.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Trivia Trails in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.