On this private tour from Southampton you visit the prehistoric stone circle known as Stonehenge and also enjoy a visit to the delightful town of Salisbury, including a visit to its famous Cathedral with Britain’s tallest spire and best-preserved Magna Carta.
What You'll Get
What places will we get to see?
• Salisbury Cathedral
Paint me a picture:
Meet your professional driver guide on arrival at Southampton Cruise Terminal at 8am and relax in the comfort of an air-conditional vehicle. You’ll start the day by travelling to Salisbury a historic city that grew up around its impressive cathedral. Upon arrival, you enjoy a walking tour of the city with its many charming timber framed houses and different areas which were dedicated to specific trades, such as Fish Row, Butcher Row and Poultry Cross.
After your walking tour of the city you explore over 800 years of history at Salisbury Cathedral, one of the UK’s most iconic medieval buildings. The Cathedral is a magnificent example of early English Gothic architecture with fascinating treasures including the original 1215 Magna Carta, one of only four in the world. Also you get to see Britain’s tallest spire and the world’s oldest working mechanical clock.
After a quick lunch we drive to the prehistoric stone circle of Stonehenge where your guide will tell you all about its history and ancient beliefs associated to this mysterious place. Stonehenge was built thousands of years ago but its true purpose remains a mystery even today.
We then drive back to your Southampton cruise in plenty of time for your departure. Alternatively, if you have finished your cruise then we are happy to drop you off at your London hotel or Heathrow Airport for an extra fee of £75.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Professional local guide/driver
- Transportation in a modern comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
- Southampton hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entrance fees to other attractions
- Food or refreshments
7 to 8 hours
The tour will end at Southampton cruise terminal or your Southampton hotel. Alternatively, if you would like to finish your tour at your London hotel or Heathrow Airport we can drop you off for an extra fee of £75.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Undiscovered Cotswolds in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.