Escape to a world a million miles from your everyday life where ponies, cattle, donkeys and deer roam free. Wild Horses won’t be able to drag you away from the New Forest once you’ve experienced its peace and fallen in love with the forest’s idyllic glades, ancient woodland, open moors, heathland and cliff top walks. Also enjoy a visit to the delightful town of Salisbury, including a visit to its famous Cathedral with Britain’s tallest spire and best-preserved Magna Carta.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Forest National Park Hampshire, New Forest National Park Hampshire, Hampshire, England
You’ll start the day by travelling to the New Forest and we will begin with a visit to Beaulieu which means “Beautiful Place” and that is exactly what it is. The town is located on the stunning Beaulieu River which attracts a wealth of wild birds.
Our next stop is Lyndhurst affectionately known by locals as the capital of the Forest. Lyndhurst has been visited by kings and queens staying at the Royal Manor throughout the centuries. The local church contains the grave of Alice Liddell, who was the inspiration for Lewis Carol’s “Alice in Wonderland”.
From here we continue our journey through the New Forest to Brockenhurst which has been officially declared ‘Britain’s Most Beautiful Place to Live’. The area is home to ponies, deer, donkeys and cows – all of which are known to roam the main street.
The last New Forest village that we visit is Burley which is most famous for its witchcraft having been home to a coven of White Witches and a haunt of Smugglers.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Salisbury, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England
Upon arrival, you enjoy a walking tour of the city with its many charming timber framed houses and different areas which were dedicated to specific trades, such as Fish Row, Butcher Row and Poultry Cross.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Salisbury Cathedral and Magna Carta, 6 The Close, Salisbury SP1 2EF England
After your walking tour of the city you explore over 800 years of history at Salisbury Cathedral, one of the UK’s most iconic medieval buildings. The Cathedral is a magnificent example of early English Gothic architecture with fascinating treasures including the original 1215 Magna Carta, one of only four in the world. Also you get to see Britain’s tallest spire and the world’s oldest working mechanical clock.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Professional local guide/driver
- Transportation in a modern comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
- Southampton hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entrance fees to other attractions
- Food or refreshments
- Entry/Admission - Salisbury Cathedral and Magna Carta
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a day tour which departs from either Southampton cruise terminal or your Southampton hotel. The start time for this tour is flexible depending on when your cruise disembarks. Your guide will be waiting for you in the cruise terminal at a pre-agreed time.
- Eastleigh Airport, Southampton England
- Southampton Port, Cunard Rd, Southampton SO14 3QN, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/15/2019 - 12/31/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Undiscovered Cotswolds in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.