Admire the city of Oxford, known as The City of Dreaming Spires and home to England’s oldest and most prestigious university. Enjoy a walking tour of this fascinating University City, including Christ Church the largest college in the university, with it’s famous Cathedral. Then finish off your day by sitting back, relaxing and enjoying the picturesque scenery slipping by while you punt down the River Cherwell.
What You'll Get
What places could we get to see?
• Bridge of Sighs
• Radcliffe Camera
• Trinity College
• Christ Church
• Bodleian Library
• Punting on the River Cherwell
Paint me a picture:
Meet your professional driver guide on arrival at Southampton Cruise Terminal at 8am and relax in the comfort of an air-conditional vehicle. You’ll start the day by travelling to the famous city of Oxford. This beautiful university town has been the home to scholars and royals for over 800 years.
Your guide will lead you on a walk through the historic city centre where you will learn about Oxford’s history, the University of Oxford, famous people who have graced the city, and interesting old traditions.
Next you will visit Christ Church and its famous Cathedral. Christ Church College was used as a double for Hogwarts School in the Harry Potter movies so you may recognize some buildings.
After your walking tour of the city we will enjoy the classic English experience of Punting on the River Cherwell. Punting is a truly timeless, slightly eccentric, quintessentially Oxford, idyllic pleasure: sailing leisurely upstream or down river, trailing fingers in the silky water, admiring the wildlife, dropping in at the Victoria Arms Pub or drifting downstream past the University.
We then drive back to your Southampton cruise in plenty of time for your departure. Alternatively, if you have finished your cruise then we are happy to drop you off at your London hotel or Heathrow Airport for an extra fee of £75.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Professional local guide/driver
- Punt hire
- Transportation in a modern comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
- Southampton hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entrance fees to other attractions
- Food or refreshments
7 to 8 hours
The tour will end at Southampton cruise terminal or your Southampton hotel. Alternatively, if you would like to finish your tour at your London hotel or Heathrow Airport we can drop you off for an extra fee of £75.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Undiscovered Cotswolds in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.