Immerse yourself in the world of Downton Abbey by visiting real-life filming locations. Departing from Southampton, this tour takes you to Bampton, the village featured as Downton, Cogges Manor Farm which became Yew Tree Farm, and the real Downton Abbey at the magnificent Highclere Castle.
What You'll Get
Visit: Undiscovered Cotswolds, Charlbury OX281DR England
What places could we get to see?
• Bampton (the village where Downton was based)
• Cogges Manor Farm (Yew Tree Farm)
• Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey itself)
Paint me a picture:
Meet your professional driver guide on arrival at Southampton Cruise Terminal at 8am and relax in the comfort of an air-conditional vehicle. You’ll start the day by travelling to the Oxfordshire countryside, where much of Downton Abbey was filmed. Our first stop is Bampton, a charming Cotswolds village that was used as Downton village. You will enjoy a walking tour with your guide of the villages most recognizable film sites. Then, continue to Cogges Manor Farm which was used as Yew Tree Farm in the hit British TV series. Here we will explore some of the locations featured in the film and we will enjoy a short lunch stop in the café (own expense). After lunch we continue to Highclere Castle, arguably the most famous Downton Abbey site. Immerse yourself in the world of the Crawley family as you walk around, building a picture of what real life was like here more than 100 years ago, in the era of Downton Abbey.
We then drive back to your Southampton cruise in plenty of time for your departure. Alternatively, if you have finished your cruise then we are happy to drop you off at your London hotel or Heathrow Airport for an extra fee of £75.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Professional local guide/driver
- Transportation in a modern comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
- Southampton hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entrance fees to other attractions
- Food or refreshments
Port of Southampton
This tour is available seven days a week, subject to availability. The departure time is flexible and will depend on your cruise arrival time.
7 to 8 hours
The tour will end at Southampton cruise terminal or your Southampton hotel. Alternatively, if you would like to finish your tour at your London hotel or Heathrow Airport we can drop you off for an extra fee of £75.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Undiscovered Cotswolds in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.