Take a day out of London to see the sights of beautiful Oxford! This day tour by rail will whisk you to the stunning university town in no time at all, giving you hours to explore the highlights of Oxford Escape to the country and discover the historic architecture of Oxford, home to one of the world’s most famous universities, on a hassle-free day trip. Perfect for families and first-time visitors.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oxford, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
You will meet your guide at 9 am and take the train to Oxford. The train takes half an hour less than a vehicle and drops us off in the very center of Oxford.
You will spend the morning visiting the castle, the colleges, and the streets of Oxford city, all the famous things you have seen on the pictures before.
Oxford, a city in central southern England, revolves around its prestigious university, established in the 12th century. The architecture of its 38 colleges in the city’s medieval center led poet Matthew Arnold to nickname it the 'City of Dreaming Spires'. University College and Magdalen College are off the High Street, which runs from Carfax Tower (with city views) to the Botanic Garden on the River Cherwell.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Christ Church, St. Aldates, Oxford OX1 1DP England
During the day you will have time for lunch (own expense) in a central location or by the river Thames in a traditional pub depending on tastes and preferences.
After some rest and having a meal you will visit Christ Church College, New College, Balliol with the option for more colleges time permitting.
Christ Church is a constituent college of the University of Oxford in England. Christ Church is a joint foundation of the college and the cathedral of the Oxford diocese, which serves as the college chapel and whose dean is ex officio the college head.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bodleian Library Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BG England
The Bodleian Library is the main research library of the University of Oxford, and is one of the oldest libraries in Europe. With over 12 million items, it is the second-largest library in Britain after the British Library.
In the evening your guide will take you to catch the train back to London.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Professional licensed guide
- Transportation. Train tickets
- Entrance tickets
- Skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Christ Church
- Entry/Admission - Bodleian Library
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Uopera tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.