This tour is the best way to truly discover Loch Ness. Together with a visit to Urquhart Castle and cruise around the mysterious waters of Loch Ness. Hear about the tales and legends of the lake, and look for the mythical monster.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Loch Ness, Scotland
Your guide will meet you at Cruise Port. Starting your trip with a drive through Invergordon.
You will head to Loch Ness to take your lake cruise and be dropped off at Urquhart Castle.
Loch Ness is a large, deep, freshwater loch in the Scottish Highlands extending for approximately 37 kilometers southwest of Inverness. Its surface is 16 meters above sea level. Loch Ness is best known for alleged sightings of the cryptozoological Loch Ness Monster, also known affectionately as "Nessie".
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Urquhart Castle, A82, Drumnadrochit IV63 6XJ Scotland
Explore the Castle and take photos of the stunning views of Loch Ness and the Castle.
Urquhart Castle, a ruin, sits beside Loch Ness in the Highlands of Scotland. The present ruins date from the 13th to the 16th centuries, though built on the site of an early medieval fortification. Founded in the 13th century, Urquhart played a role in the Wars of Scottish Independence in the 14th century.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Inverness Castle, Castle Street, Inverness IV2 3EG Scotland
Next stop will be in Inverness town for lunch and some souvenirs and after you will have a walking tour of the town.
Inverness Castle sits on a cliff overlooking the River Ness in Inverness, Scotland. The red sandstone structure, displaying an early castellated style, is the work of a few nineteenth-century architects. William Burn (1789-1870) designed the Sheriff Court, Joseph Mitchell (1803-1883) the bastioned enclosing walls, and Thomas Brown II (1806-c.72) the District Court, originally built as a prison. It is built on the site of an 11th-century defensive structure. Today it houses Inverness Sheriff Court. There has been a castle on this site for many centuries. In April 2017 the north tower of the castle was opened to the public as a viewpoint. At present, only the castle grounds and the north tower are open to the public. The remainder of the castle is not open to the public.
After the tour your guide will take you back to Cruise Port.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Comfortable shoes and rainwear are desirable
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Professional licensed guide
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- Loch Ness cruise
- Entrance to Urquhart Castle
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Urquhart Castle
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ness
- Entry/Admission - Inverness Castle
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Uopera tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.