The Cotswolds has inspired not just chocolate box tins & tourist photo books but also some of England's most famous artists, like the pre Rapahelites who lived here in the 1800s. See traditional architecture, picturesque landscape & wander around beautiful villages. You have the choice of joining us for either an active but not too active cycle trip through the Cotswolds or you can sit back & enjoy the sights from our car or minibus hire.
Please note that tours are priced here as tour options for either A) DRIVING TOURS from 10am to 5pm or later or as B) CYCLING TOURS from 10am to 4pm. Unlike the driving tours, the cycle tours don't pick up from Oxford city but instructions will be sent how to get to meet us, using public transport from Oxford including timetable info for the bus or train here. That means if you are booking cycle tour, you will need to depart Oxford usually at about 9am.
What You'll Get
A) DRIVING TOURS:
Departing from Oxford city or your hotel at default start time of 10am & returning approx 5pm or 6pm to Oxford, these tours will visit some of the most famous & scenic villages in the Cotswolds region, such as Bourton on the Water & Broadway Tower & lunch stop at Broadway. Itinerary route is flexible. Driving tours require as much advance notice as possible, in order to hire the vehicle & driver. Due to this fact, even if you only want to book for 1, 2 or 3 persons, we require you to pay for at least 4 persons. 99% of the time, you are effectively booking a private group tour and thus the rates reflect that fact. Advance booking is required but for same day bookings, just call up Viator support to check if there are still spaces.
B) CYCLE TOURS:
Enjoy an active but not too active cycle trip through the Cotswolds. Tours start at 10am at different locations in the Cotswolds, located outside of Oxford, which can be reached on public transport from Oxford, so please expect an early start departing from Oxford any time from approx 8.30am or 9am. Tours end at 4pm. Advance booking is required but for same day bookings, just call up Viator support to check if there are still spaces. Please note children aged under 14 are not permitted to ride e bikes (electronic bikes). Youths are priced at same cost as adults on this tour. The routes are fixed itineraries which have different start points, depending on which day of the week you want to book. Details of exact start point and route and train or bus departure time from Oxford, will be given at time of booking tour. All routes cover scenic villages and have lunch stop. In case of very wet weather, cycle tours may be cancelled by us the day before the tour and you will be refunded 100%. Depending on circumstances, we may also however offer you the option of a substitute activity such a private walking tour of Oxford university or a tour to Blenheim palace or a driving tour of the Cotswolds.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child seats for infants cannot be guaranteed on driving tours, unless you give us adequate advance notice to bring infants seats. We don't carry them by default.
- If you are booking the cycle tour option, then finally, please advise what each participant's heights are, so we can try to pre-set bike seat heights before your arrival.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT NO TRAIN SERVICES DURING MUCH OF JULY 2018:
- In case, you may be trying to get a train in or out of Oxford during the dates below, please be aware of the following closures and thus the potential for it to take much, much longer to arrive in or to exit Oxford city.
- Trains into and out of Oxford Station and in the Oxford area will be closed from Saturday 7 July through to Sunday 22 July, and again over the weekend of Saturday 28/Sunday 29 July. During the closure rail replacement buses will be in operation in the Oxford area. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. Please note that if you are concerned that you may not be able to meet us in time for a morning tour, please consider instead just booking the same tour running in afternoon.
- The only exception will from from Monday 16 through to Friday 20 July, when a limited train service will operate between London Paddington, Reading and Oxford.
- London Paddington & Oxford (Great Western Railway): trains will terminate at Didcot Parkway, except between Monday 16 and Friday 20 July when a limited service will operate to and from Oxford. Rail replacement buses will operate between Didcot Parkway and Oxford.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- If you book the cycle tour, it includes e bike (electric bike) hire from us. If you book the driving tour, we provide transport. Both tours are guided tours with a local experienced guide.
- Local transport to get to the meeting point of the cycle tour is not included. Bus or train from Oxford to the cycle tour start point may cost you as little or as much as £5-10 per person.
- Cycle tours are only available for children aged 14+
- Driving tours are available for children of any age but if you have a child is too small to sit in a car without a child seat, then please make this known when booking as we will need to ensure we get a special child seat.
Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK
6 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Visit Oxford Tours.com in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.