Enjoy a guided tour of one of England’s most famous palaces & gardens but also home to the Churchill family and Duke of Marlborough. Our tour will describe the destiny of events which led to the creation of Blenheim palace. Its creation was no easy achievement- the main architect was even refused entry to see his completed work! However, it is open today for all to enjoy its sumptuous interior and its expansive gardens, lake house and maze.
What You'll Get
Upon arrival at Blenheim palace, your guide will take you on a guided tour from approximately 2pm to 3.30pm. You will then have free time to visit other parts of the palace and gardens on your own or to enjoy a meal at the palace gardens cafe or interior restaurant.
After the tour of Blenheim palace, we recommend that you also visit Woodstock village which is just 15 minutes walk from the palace. Woodstock has Cotswolds style traditional stone buildings and is very pretty with some good pubs and a museum which closes at 4pm or 5pm. For your information, there is a regular bus service back to Oxford which leaves outside the palace gates or from Woodstock village centre, until late in the evening.
Most of our tours are effectively private group bookings and they are limited to max 6 persons only. Thus, average numbers on tours are only 2 persons. Guided tour duration is 90 minutes+.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Palace is closed on
- Dec 25th 2018 and Jan 7th plus Jan 8th 2019.
- Blenheim palace is located just next to Woodstock village, so we recommend you visit both locations in your free time after the guided tour.
- PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME AT THE AGREED MEETING POINT:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 30 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you might forfeit and lose your booking, so please plan your time adequately to arrive at the palace and to park in time.
- Our designated actual meeting point at the palace is at the welcome info desk inside the cafe and shop at the palace entrance. There are WC toilets nearby.
- Your guide will be wearing a red badge and lanyard.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here-especially if you will be arriving at the palace via Oxford as Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads. If you happen to be going to the palace from Oxford, then we can alternatively plan to collect you in Oxford city centre, an hour before the tour start time at the palace.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- There is a regular public bus service to the palace gates from Oxford direction or from Witney direction. It leaves approximately every 20 minutes and lasts average 45 minutes to get to the palace gates. You then need to plan 15 minutes walk from the gates bus stop to the welcome desk meeting point at the palace shop and café entrance area to meet us.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- This tour will not run on Dec 25th 2018, Jan 7th and Jan 8th 2019 due to palace closures.
- Local guide for guided tour of the palace (this does not include tour of the gardens and estate)
- Palace closed on Dec 25th 2018 and Jan 7th plus Jan 8th 2019.
- Food and drinks can be purchased before or after the tour from the palace caf
- We offer you a guided tour of the palace state rooms. The tour does not include a tour of the gardens and the estate grounds as the estate is very extensive and you can explore the gardens and grounds at leisure after the tour in your own free time.
- If you opt to visit Oxford after the palace tour ends, then please note that there is a regular bus service operating from outside Blenheim palace gates or Woodstock village into Oxford, costing £4 per person. Alternatively, a taxi may cost anything from £30-45 single journey.
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Visit Oxford Tours.com in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.