What You'll Get
Any fans of the Morse TV show will know that there are four important ingredients to understanding Inspector Morse: He is fond of music, striking women, pubs and of course Oxford. On this tour, your guide will inspire you in Morse's Oxford, introducing not just film sites and anecdotes from Morse, Lewis and Endeavour but also describing the intriguing and not always agreeable relationship between Oxford city and university.
Locations you will see may vary from tour to tour as the colleges of Oxford University are private institutions and as Morse knows, they like to have the final word on what's accessible from one day to the next but usually the tour would visit inside Exeter College and one other college or inside the Divinity School at the Bodleian Library, which is one of the most stunning architectural features of Oxford University.
Our marginally higher ticket price reflects the special quality of typically having smaller groups than our competitors- average numbers are 2-4 persons only. This ensures the experience is more intimate and your guide is able to cater for your specific interests too. Any entrance fees to colleges of Oxford University venues are included in the ticket price.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Special Offer for anyone with an Oxford university student or staff ID card : when you book, we will offer you 1 free ticket for 1 of your guests, if you advise us of this fact when you book but you must show your Oxford university ID card to the guide too.
PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME:
Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Our marginally higher ticket price reflects the special quality of typically having smaller groups than our competitors- average numbers is 2-4 persons only.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to start time
- Infants 5 and under can go on this tour free of charge
- During Xmas holiday period or on dates of university graduation dates, we may propose changing slightly the tour start time to 1pm or to 11am, if we think it will make it easier to get into colleges, during restricted opening times. We will advise at time of booking and seek your approval to make any changes to the start time.
- Please note that as the university colleges are private institutions, we can't always guarantee entry to colleges but it is very rare that we cannot get entry into at least 1 or 2 colleges on the tour. Please take note of any advertised university graduation dates mentioned below, as those dates can have less options of colleges to visit.
We cannot guarantee entry into colleges on graduation dates or during Xmas vacation period, so please consult 'Exclusions' section for details of any such dates.
- Entrance fees into any colleges or university sites which we may visit on the tour, are included as part of your ticket. Which colleges we visit will vary from day to day, depending on what's open but commonly includes either Exeter or St Johns or Wadham or New or All Souls college
- Please note that if you book on a university graduation day, we will advise of this fact, when your booking is received. On such dates, there may be more limited options to visit inside the colleges. If requested, we may therefore offer you the option to reschedule onto another date, if that suits you better
- Special Offer for anyone with an Oxford university student or staff ID card: when you book, we will offer you 1 free ticket for 1 of your guests, if you advise us of this fact when you book but you must show your Oxford university ID card to the guide too.
Please be aware that if you choose to book us on a university graduation date or during Xmas vacation period, then very few colleges are open on such dates ie we cannot guarantee on any such dates, that we will get you into colleges.March 2, March 9 2019
May 4, May 11
July 13, 23, 26, 27
August 2, 3
September 14, 27,28
November 1, 2, 9
GRADUATION DATES 2020:
May 2, 9
- Which colleges we may visit during the tour, will vary from day to day but please note the Morse tours never visit inside Christchurch.
Please note that few colleges are open over Xmas period from approx. Dec 22nd to Jan 2nd.
Many of the colleges will also be closed during graduation dates below but we will endeavour wherever possible to still get you inside at least one or more colleges.
GRADUATION DATES 2019:
Xmas vacation period from approx. Dec 22 to Jan 2
GRADUATION DATES 2020:
Meet your guide OUTSIDE Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15 Broad street, ox1 3as.
Please arrive 5 minutes early
This tour usually ends near the departure location. If not, the guide will give you directions.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Visit Oxford Tours.com in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.