It’s not easy journeying to Whitby, so it’s important to make the most of your time here. On this self-guided GPS audio tour, I'll introduce you to major local characters, engrossing legends and hidden treasures in this historic town, over a millennium in the making. Whether this is your first visit or your thirtieth, this tour is certain to make you look at Whitby in a new light. It also provides an ideal introduction to sites like the Whitby Abbey, the Captain Cook Memorial Museum and the Endeavour Experience, which you can return to at the end of the tour.
On this tour, you'll hear about:
• Some of the greatest voyages of exploration of all time
• Why people once thought the town was infested with serpents
• How Whitby jet, a gemstone, inspired the novel Dracula
• An illiterate poet
• Why there’s a polar bear in the town centre
• Why the houses with the best views were some of the cheapest
• The Hand of Glory and where to find it
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Captain Cook Statue, Cliff Street, Whitby YO21 3HA England
The tour begins next to the Captain Cook Memorial Statue.
Pass By: The Granby, 34 Skinner Street, Whitby YO21 3AJ England
On this tour, you'll briefly stop outside The Granby pub.
Pass By: Pannett Park, Pannet Park, Whitby YO21 1RE England
The tour takes you around Pannett Park
Pass By: Church of Saint John the Evangelist, 41 Brunswick St, Whitby YO21 1BN, UK
The tour takes you passed the Church of Saint John the Evangelist
Pass By: Captain Cook Memorial Museum Whitby, Grape Lane, Whitby YO22 4BA England
The tour passes by the Captain Cook Memorial Museum.
Pass By: Tate Hill Pier, Whitby YO22 4DL, UK
This tour takes you onto the Tate Hill Pier
Pass By: 199 Steps, Henrietta St, Whitby YO22 4DL England
The tour passes the 199 Steps memorial.
Pass By: Church of St Mary, Abbey Plain, Whitby YO22 4JR, UK
The tour takes you around the Church of St Mary.
Pass By: Whitby Abbey, Abbey Lane, Whitby YO22 4JT England
The tour ends outside the Whitby Abbey.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
Captain Cook Memorial, Whitby YO21 3HA, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/9/2020 - 6/6/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
60 to 75 minutes
Whitby Abbey, Abbey Ln, Whitby YO22 4JT, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.