This self-guided audio walking tour of Bath will open your eyes to a hidden world of yesteryear. Following the line of the ancient city wall, you'll hear about people who have walked this route before you. They include the Celtic Britons and French Normans, along with the Saxons, Vikings and yes, everyone's favourites, the Romans. Why not 'lend me your ears' for a walk and talk covering 1700 years?
You'll hear about:
• How the Romans joined two Goddesses together
• When one river becomes two
• A funny story of a French girl and her secret recipe
• Bath’s hidden cathedral
• Burial sites beneath Bath Abbey
• What remains of the ancient wall and what was thrown from it
• The only true hot water springs in Britain
• A famous Bath delicacy or two and some ideas of great gifts
And so much more!! - so allow 1 -1.5 hours for the walk and more if you visit the Abbey and the Roman Baths.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sally Lunn's Museum, 4 North Parade Passage, Bath BA1 1NX England
The tour makes a brief stop outside Sally Lunn's Historic Eating House.
Pass By: Bath Abbey, Bath BA1 1LT England
The tour ventures inside the Bath Abbey.
Pass By: The Roman Baths, Abbey Church Yard, Bath BA1 1LZ England
The tour passes The Roman Baths.
Pass By: River Avon, United Kingdom
The tour passes the River Avon.
Pass By: Parade Gardens, Orange Grove, Bath BA1 1EE England
The tour talks you alongside the Parade Gardens.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
Lion Tours, Bridgewater House, Terrace Walk, Bath BA1 1LN, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/8/2020 - 5/30/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
60 to 90 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.