Whitby’s historic East Side has a close affinity with the sea and this self guided audio tour provides an ideal introduction to local pastimes like fishing and rowing as well as the shipwrecks along our shore. You'll never look at the East Side in quite the same way again.
You'll hear about:
• Whitby’s handcrafted Lucky Ducks
• Whitby's fishing heritage
• The legend of the Penny Hedge
• How Whitby might have inspired one of Charles Dickens' most well-known characters
• The German bombardment of the town in 1914
• J. M. W. Turner's roughest sketch
• The Whitby Wyrm
• How to spot vampire blood
I’ll point out some of the quirkiest places to have a drink along the way as well as the viewpoints most people miss. Be sure to pack your camera if you’re into photography!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Abbey Wharf, Market Place, Whitby YO22 4DD, UK
The tour starts near Abbey Wharf.
Pass By: Grape Lane, Grape Ln, Whitby YO21, UK
The tour goes along Grape Lane.
Pass By: Captain Cook Memorial Museum Whitby, Grape Lane, Whitby YO22 4BA England
The tour stops briefly in front of the Captain Cook Memorial Museum.
Pass By: The Ropery, Whitby YO22, UK
The tour passes by the Ropery.
Pass By: The White Horse & Griffin, 87 Church St, Whitby YO22 4BH, UK
The tour stops briefly in front of the The White Horse & Griffin.
Pass By: Black Horse Inn, 91 Church St, Whitby YO22 4BH, UK
The tour stops briefly in front of the Black Horse Inn.
Pass By: 199 Steps, Henrietta St, Whitby YO22 4DL England
The tour passes by the steps.
Pass By: Fortune's Kippers, 22 Henrietta St, Whitby YO22 4DW, UK
The tour passes by Fortune's Kippers.
Pass By: East Pier, Whitby YO22 4DW, UK
The tour goes along the East Pier.
Pass By: Whitby Harbour East Lighthouse, Whitby YO22 4DN, UK
The tour ends near the Whitby Harbour East Lighthouse.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Before arrival, please install the VoiceMap mobile app and use the code provided on your confirmation ticket. This is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace. Detailed starting point instructions are available after downloading.
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
Abbey Wharf, Market Place, Whitby YO22 4DD, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/30/2020 - 5/12/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
60 to 75 minutes
Whitby Harbour East Lighthouse, Whitby YO22 4DN, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.