Back in the 1600s, Londoners would gather to witness a very particular form of public entertainment. Hushed crowds would wait in anticipation for an offender to meet their end at the hands of an executioner. On the 30th January 1649, it was the reigning monarch, King Charles I, who had an appointment with the man who would end his life.
This self-guided audio tour charts the life and death of this ill-fated king, taking you to some of London’s most famous and iconic sights including:
• Henry VIII’s hunting lodge-turned-royal palace
• One of London’s most picturesque royal parks, once home to an elephant
• The abbey where all kings and queens have their coronation
• The ancient hall where Charles I was put on trial
• Henry VIII’s favoured jousting ground
• The remains of what was once Europe's largest palace
This walking tour can be enjoyed on location or even virtually at home with VoiceMap's Continuous Play function which disables the GPS playback.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St. James's Palace, Marlborough Rd, St. James's, London SW1A 1BS England
The tour stops briefly outside the St James' Palace gatehouse. Here you'll learn about the significant role St James's Palace played in the life of King Charles I.
Pass By: Queen's Chapel, St. James's Palace, London SW1A 1BG England
The tour takes you past The Queen's Chapel. While you walk, you'll learn a bit about the chapel's architect and who the chapel honours.
Pass By: St. James's Park, Horse Guards Road The Storeyard, London SW1A 2BJ England
The tour takes you through St James's Park. While you walk, you'll learn about the park's connection to Charles I.
Pass By: Café at Storey's Gate, Birdcage Walk, London SW1A 2AE, UK
You'll stop briefly in front of the Cafe at Storey's Gate and learn a bit about its earlier history. .
Pass By: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
You'll stop in front of Westminster Abbey. You'll learn about the church, its history and its connection to King Charles I. The tour does not go inside the abbey.
Pass By: House of Commons, Houses of Parliament, London SW1A 0AA, UK
You'll stop briefly in front of the House of Commons. Here you'll learn how the House of Commons is connected to King Charles I and what it is used for today.
Pass By: Banqueting House, Whitehall Palace Whitehall Horse Guards Avenue, London SW1A 2ER England
The tour ends in front of the Banqueting House. You'll learn about the only visible remaining part of the old Palace of Whitehall and its connection to King Charles I.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitiser with them to ensure their own protection and the protection of others.
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
Caviar House & Prunier, 161 Piccadilly, St. James's, London W1J 9EA, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/17/2021 - 6/29/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
75 to 90 minutes
Banqueting House, Whitehall, London SW1A 2ER, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.