Come with me Muggles on a self-guided audio tour and explore the Edinburgh that inspired J.K. Rowling’s global phenomenon! We'll explore the secret alleyways of the Old Town, starting at Edinburgh Castle, then we'll wander down to “Diagon Alley” and find the gravestones of Voldemort and some other well-known characters from the Harry Potter series. We'll spot “Hogwarts School of Wizardry” along the way too, and if you like, you can stop in at the famous and not-so-famous cafes where J.K. Rowling wrote before Harry Potter became a best-seller.
Our journey will include:
• A fantastic view of the Edinburgh Castle from the esplanade in front of it
• The Royal Mile, Old Town’s most famous street
• The Writer’s Museum, a literature fan’s heaven
• Victoria Street, one of Scotland's most photographed streets
• The Grassmarket where you’ll hear a story of one very lucky lady from the 1700s.
• Greyfriar’s Graveyard
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Edinburgh Castle, Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NG Scotland
The tour starts outside the castle and doesn't venture in. You'll be shown one of the filming locations for the Harry Potter movies.
Pass By: The Writers' Museum, Lawnmarket, Lady Stair's Cl, Edinburgh EH1 2PA, UK
The tour briefly stops outside the Writer's Museum where, if you choose, you can pause the tour and venture inside.
Pass By: Victoria Street, Victoria St, Edinburgh EH1, UK
The tour passes through Victoria Street where there are a number of Harry Potter-related stores.
Pass By: Greyfriars Kirkyard, Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh EH1 2QQ Scotland
The tour takes you through the Greyfriar's Kirkyard where you'll visit the graves of some familiar names.
Pass By: The Elephant House, 21 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EN, UK
The tour ends at the Elephant House which claims to be the birthplace of Harry Potter.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/8/2020 - 5/11/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
40 to 60 minutes
The Elephant House, 21 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EN, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.