Visit Box Hill and Ranmore Common and learn about the incredible diversity of life that lives there. You will be accompanied by and enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide who will show you all of the birds, butterflies and orchids of these very special places.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Box Hill, Box Hill, Surrey, England
Surrey is blessed with downland. Chalk grassland is a special habitat that abounds with rare butterflies, moths and orchids. On these walks, we hope to see plenty of them. Spring butterflies are present from April with scarcer species such as Dinghy and Grizzled Skippers soon to be joined by Green Hairstreaks and the dazzling, electric Adonis Blue. Later in the year there are Dark-green Fritillaries and Chalkhill Blues with the last chalk speciality, the Silver-spotted Skipper on the wing in August. Day flying moths are much in evidence with the highly range-restricted Lace border active early and late in the Summer when the rare Straw Belle is also on the wing. Common Orchid species such as Pyramidal, Common Spotted, Bee and Early Purple Orchid are easily found and there are many of the rarer taxa also present. Man Orchids and Musk Orchids may be found in open areas while the strange Bird's Nest and White Helleborine may be encountered under the canopy of Beech woodland.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Use of binoculars and telescope
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wild Surrey in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.